Grand Floridian or AKL-Savanah View for One Night Stay. Which One???

Jannino

Mouseketeer
Here's the scenario. We are staying at BCV for an 8 night stay starting on Saturday, 8/20. However, we are flying in late Friday afternoon, 8/19 and I need a resort to stay at for one night. Thinking about GF or AKL since we haven't stayed at either one before. I know for a one night stay it is $$$ and I know the wife will want us to save $ and just stay at All Stars. But so what, you can't take it with you. GL is $80 more but MK is open til 2am with EMH and we'd be on the Monorail. But my 14 yr old DD and 11 yr old DS would like AKL in the AM on Saturday before we headed over to BCV.

Any opinions out there on these resorts???

Thanks in advance !!!

I actually prefer the AKL resort over GF but for convenience, I'd pick GF. It's great to ride the monorail back after a late night at MK.

Definitely GF!! Since you've never been there, I think it will be a really fun experience. Plus, you can't beat the easy monorail ride to MK for their EMH!

I actually prefer the AKL resort over GF but for convenience, I'd pick GF. It's great to ride the monorail back after a late night at MK.

I agree. I love the AKL but wouldnt stay there again because of the distance to the parks, so for one night to experience it I think that would be perfect. Beautiful Resort!!!!!!!

Having stayed at both, they are both great resorts :). But if you are planning on the late night EMH at MK, I'd go with the GF for convenience ;).

I agree, I'd pick GF for the convenience that night. If you were trying to determine this for a week's stay, I'd pick AKL. IMO, you won't be at the room long enough to enjoy and get your money's worth out of the savannah view for one night, especially if the animals aren't very active that morning.

GF for the convenience if you are taking advantage of the hours.
It is separate reservation tho, you won't get your tix (if a pkg) until you register at the other one, you knew that right?

We love both resorts, though the GF is our favorite. Which one to choose for one night depends on what we plan to do; if we are arriving, getting settled and/or relaxing for the evening, I would choose AKL. With the MK having late night hours (if you plan to take advantage!), I'd have to agree with the previous posters - GF makes more sense.

Both resorts are wonderful, I don't think you have a bad choice here.:flower3:

I stayed at both last trip, GF IMO was far superior than the AKL every could be for many reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter