Grand Floridian is Empty!

For those worried about traveling soon, we are here and the resorts are empty! Such a nice relaxing trip if you don’t plan on doing the parks. As for park crowds, I can’t speak to that. Have fun!
I think this is heading into one of the quieter times of the year (mid Aug-Early Sep) due to combination of factors: Heat, humidity, back to school, hurricane threat...throw in COVID fear and it's probably even quieter.

Back before we had children, we would go early September (Labor Day is our anniversary) and the resorts and parks were very low occupancy. Just happens to be that time of year for smaller crowds and one of the reasons they do most of their construction during these times. Our son just graduated from HS this summer, so we're back to September Disney trips!!

For those worried about traveling soon, we are here and the resorts are empty! Such a nice relaxing trip if you don’t plan on doing the parks. As for park crowds, I can’t speak to that. Have fun!
YAY!!! Heading to VGF in 4 days, just me and my DH :earsgirl::earsboy:

It really depends on the resort. The lobby at GF, which normally is a flurry of activity, was dead 2 weeks ago. Everytime we went into the lobby there were only a handful of people and once when we were heading to MK opening there was no one but staff. The only activity in the lobby area was a Enchanted Rose. The shops weren't as busy as usual either, it was like a ghost town. We normally travel mid- late August but it was way quieter/slower than usual (I think 1900 Park Fare being closed also has a huge impact on the number of people in the lobby). We didn't see anyone in our hallway or elevators while at VGF.

We did a split stay with BCV. BCV was packed- the pool, the lobby, outside walkways, hallways- there were always people everywhere.

Not the same without the GF Orchestra imo. Pretty much love everything about this resort, but it seems like something is missing without the band. Pianist is awesome as well. Miss long time greeter Richard also!

Last edited:
I think this is heading into one of the quieter times of the year (mid Aug-Early Sep) due to combination of factors: Heat, humidity, back to school, hurricane threat...throw in COVID fear and it's probably even quieter.
and rise in ticket prices, people are p!$$#D. Universal and sea world aren't lower than normal. We shall see.

We just got back from a 3 nights at the grand and it was in fact a ghost town. Very few people around and the shops almost always had zero people in them and 2/3 CMs just hanging out with nothing to do.

On a side note, Enchanted Rose was extremely disappointing, where Narcoossee's was possibly the best meal that I've ever had in my life....from start to finish.

be very careful about mentioning CM's with nothing to do. could get hrs cut , plus not enough CM's.

I believe GF sells heavily to the UK and euro market late Aug-Sep... sadly those folks are not able to travel here right now.

We also just got back from GF, and while there were definitely people at the pool, the rest of the resort was definitely a ghost town! I don't think we saw a single other soul in the villas! We did a split stay between Riviera and VGF, and Riviera seemed pretty busy (lobby was always bustling). Grand Floridian was a nice change of pace!
Parks felt crowded at times, but waits were nonexistent. The longest we waited the entire trip was 16 minutes for Flight of Passage, and we did all the big rides at MK, HS, and AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter