Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona Cafe for Breakfast?

mommybear318

Mouseketeer
While my son goes on the Pirate Adventure - my DH & I would like to have breakfast at either Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona Cafe. Which is best & why? Or is there another great place close by that you would recommend.

We have never eaten at GF, but we absolutely love the Kona. The food quality is excellent along with the service. Also, the atmosphere is very romantic even at breakfast if you are actually able to get some alone time::MinnieMo

We went to Kona while DS was on the pirate cruise (which he absolutely loved, BTW). We thought that the food was very good ( I had the tonga toast which I'd been wanting to try forever, and DH had the french toast) but the service was pretty awful. Our server was borderline rude. Even the person who brought out our food was grouchy. The atmosphere was nice, and it was nice to have a little time alone together.

I did tell the lady who checked us in for the Pirate Cruise that we would be going over to the Poly to eat and she said that if our pager went off just to call her first to see what was up. Luckily, our pager never went off ;)

When DS did the grand adventures in cooking, we went over to the MK and had carmel apples for breakfast--yum!

I've eaten breakfast several times at both, and the Kona has better food and service, although the GF Cafe is very pretty in the morning if you cna et a window seat.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter