Grand Floridan Cafe

Its a very pretty resturant. Elegant room, table cloths etc.. . Good service. Nice views from windows. Pretty normal fare. Good food. They do try to change things as requested too. I wanted a rib eye instead of NY strip, but wanted the ny strip sauce and sides. no problem. Taken care of. We like this for any of the 3 meals. Very relaxing.:thumbsup2

We've eaten here twice and twice we've had good food and great service. I thought the salmon was particularly delicious. The low-sugar berry pyramid for dessert was great! We like the GFC, especially as adults traveling w/no kids. It's attractive and not nearly as noisy as some of the other restaurants in WDW.

I agree with the other posters. The food is great, the atmosphere is really nice and I hope you give it a try!

We had lunch there last trip. The food was GREAT. The service was not but I have to think maybe it was because they were just ending lunch time and ready to leave/switch to the dinner crew. I was not thrilled with service but we loved the food so we will go back some time, it's not on my must do every trip but it is a great place to eat. I say give it a try!, everyone has such different experiences it is great to try and decide how you like it. That is one of our favorite things about every trip we always plan a new place to eat and then we know how we feel about it. :)

GFC and KC at the Poly are 2 hidden dining treasures at WDW IMHO. Food is great at both, but GFC has the added advantage of a lovely and elegant atmosphere.

In addition to the above comments, if you go for breakfast be sure to try the Lobster Benedict!

The food we had on our last visit was great. DBF is hard to please and he was very pleased

We've eaten there several times - always for lunch - and have always had good experiences. Food is good; atmosphere is lovely.

We ate there last week and I thought it was the worst meal all week....I thought my CS at sunshine seasons was better:sad2: The service was good but i got the NY strip steak and I ate 2 bites and stopped,could not even chew it.We went to Le Cellier the next night which I have always thought was "good" but that made me relize how bad the steak was at GFC because my meal was GREAT! Maybe it was just a bad cut of meat but I dont think I will go there again.We went to ohana also and even the steak on the skewers was better.I am sure everyone has their own thoughts on it though.

We have lunch there at least once every trip. We've had breakfast and dinner there a couple times. Love lunch. Great food and service. The restaurant itself is very pretty.

The service was good but i got the NY strip steak and I ate 2 bites and stopped,could not even chew it.We went to Le Cellier the next night which I have always thought was "good" but that made me relize how bad the steak was at GFC because my meal was GREAT! Maybe it was just a bad cut of meat but I dont think I will go there again.We went to ohana also and even the steak on the skewers was better.I am sure everyone has their own thoughts on it though.

It's just the luck of the draw - the worst steak my husband ever had on property was at Le Cellier, and he enjoyed his steak at GFC. I try not to draw too many conclusions on one experience.

I'm glad to see GFC getting so many good reviews. When I was searching for reviews before we tried it for the first time, they were all around pretty terrible. Therefore, we were a little hesitant to go, but it ended up being a great meal, and we'll definitely be going there again!

We LOVE this restaurant! We have never had a bad meal there, and we have had at least 6 of them, either lunch or dinner. We have never ordered the steak from GFC, either. It seems that item is hit or miss there.

The GF Burger, French Onion Soup, and the mussels are all truly delicious and somewhat decadent. The sandwiches at lunch are wonderful, too.

Service can be a bit unpolished, but the servers are usually pleasant.

GFC is one of the best and consistent restaurants (for food) on property in our book. We also love that one can usually be seated without an ADR.

Just try it and see what you think :thumbsup2

:wave2:

This is the one place I recommend to everyone I know. We loved everything about it. The French Onion Soup I had was probably one of the best I have ever had! Even my MIL who is impossible to please, loved it!

We have not been for dinner yet, but love breakfast and lunch. The Maple Vanilla French Toast is some of the best I've ever had, and is far superior to Tonga Toast (which, in fairness, is not really french toast no matter what people want to say - it is VERY different from true french toast). Eggs benedict is also quite good.

The onion soup is fabulous - better than Chefs de France, IMHO. Love the lemon cheesecake dessert - one of the best desserts I've had at WDW and the perfect size.

Very pretty setting and nice view from the wall length windows.

I have a full breakfast and lunch review in my signature with lots of photos.

Hi The Princess,
Another vote for GF Cafe. I have eaten there several times and it has become a regular place for us to go. We usually have breakfast when we do eat there so I can not comment on any other meal, however breakfast is wonderful. You really can not go wrong. Enjoy. :thumbsup2
________
Infants Depakote

We had dinner at the Cafe this past October. And out of all the places we ate, it is the one place my 9yr old niece said we have to go back to. The restaurant is very pretty, the service wonderful, and the food very tasty.:thumbsup2

We had dinner at GFC last May which was not on our plans. Our DD freaked out when Cinderella came out at 1900 Park Fare, long story short, the Restaurant Manager helped us get DD out of 1900 and got us into GFC. We thought the food was good as well as the service.

Excellent! Their soup is great, and if you like sandwiches, try The Grand (its huge!). It is only on the lunch menu, but if you are there ar dinner and want it just ask for it.

The Grand Sandwich - Open-faced hot Turkey, Ham, Bacon and Tomato, with a rich Boursin Cheese Sauce and Fried Onion Straws

Excellent! Their soup is great, and if you like sandwiches, try The Grand (its huge!). It is only on the lunch menu, but if you are there ar dinner and want it just ask for it.

The Grand Sandwich - Open-faced hot Turkey, Ham, Bacon and Tomato, with a rich Boursin Cheese Sauce and Fried Onion Straws

It is indeed huge and tasty, very rich.

3922005796_85421abfa5_b.jpg

3922014858_a1372f9393_b.jpg

Some other GFC food shots:

Onion Soup:
3921999506_38f3d8f10e_b.jpg

Lemon Cheesecake:

3922016924_316cf9a0c4_b.jpg

Tiramisu Cake:

3921236359_0687e8326b_b.jpg

Eggs Benedict:
3968917808_010322fa0f_b.jpg

Maple Vanilla French Toast:
3968916102_4e05104238_b.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter