Grand Caymen - same time as ship (ET?)

Pugdog007

<font color=6666FF>Volunteer Alabama Pug Rescue<br
I'm confused - is there a time difference or not? Will the time on the ship match the time in Grand Caymen? I don't think they observe Daylight Savings Time there.

The Cayman Islands are on Eastern Time, but do not observe Daylight Savings Time. So, between April and October, they are one hour behind the U.S. East Coast.

Ship's time will be the same as the local time of the next destination. So, ship's time will be for the U.S. East Coast upon departure and in Key West. After departure from Key West, probably during the night, ship's time will change to that of Grand Cayman (between April and October... between October and April, no change will be necessary.)

Incidentally, Cozumel is on Central Time, but <i><b>does</b></i> observice Daylight Savings Time, so there'll be a time change involved somewhere on the Western Cruise. The location of the change will be different depending on the time of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter