• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Villas projected sale date

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
DW, DS, adn I stayed at GCV this summer and loved the whole thing, resort, Disneyland, California Adventure, and would consider that a more likely add-on than anything else at the present time. Has anyone gotten any reliable information about when they might start selling for a DVC addition there?

They have never even ANNOUNCED an addition so they aren't going to be selling anything anytime soon.....(if ever)

Somebody I talked to on the inside told me that there was going to be a "major announcement" regarding the GCVs on 4/1. This person could not stop giggling during our entire conversation and I read that to mean it's gonna' be big, big news.

Somebody I talked to on the inside told me that there was going to be a "major announcement" regarding the GCVs on 4/1. This person could not stop giggling during our entire conversation and I read that to mean it's gonna' be big, big news.

Since it's April Fools Day, I am voting on something like "Disney is closing the parks"

CarolA you should know better , Rinkwide has NEVER given up anything but good old fashioned reliable information. I'm going to contact my guide and put in a request for a GCV add on WOW

<G> :lmao:

They will announce 10 DVC suites inside the Matterhorn on 4/1. Bank on it! Incredible views but a bit noisy during the day.

They will announce 10 DVC suites inside the Matterhorn on 4/1. Bank on it! Incredible views but a bit noisy during the day.

"Bank on it!" You mean, like in the corners? (hahahaha, sometimes I'm so punny it's stupid)

Thank goodness. I was afraid that the rumor of the DVC suites being in Its a Small World were true.

April 1st is getting closer, I can't wait for the "announcement!" :woohoo:

Don't mean to burst your bubble but you might want to take a look at rinkwide's signature and consider the significance of April 1st. :rolleyes1

Things have been pretty quiet on the CA DVC front in several months now.

I don't know about April 1st, but things are actually heating up at DLR re DVC. Several sources indicate a "Secret meeting" With Anaheim officials, as well as this story from the Los Angeles Times from yesterday that indicate DVC as a big priority at DLR. The meeting with Anaheim officials was concurrent with a visit by Jim Lewis to DLR last week. see LA times story:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-disney22mar22,1,6508773.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

I read the article as well and it actually made me think that things are moving slower than I had otherwise anticipated. Sounds like Disney has some pretty lofty plans...and lofty opposition, too. This didn't strike me as a situation that would work itself out quickly.

I read the article as well and it actually made me think that things are moving slower than I had otherwise anticipated. Sounds like Disney has some pretty lofty plans...and lofty opposition, too. This didn't strike me as a situation that would work itself out quickly.

I see it differently. One quote says "Council members express frustration that Disney hasn't been forthcoming with it's expansion plans". Another quote states: "Councilman Bob Hernandez said it was unreasonable for Disney to Influence land use decisions based on Sketchy details of a possible third park".

And another: "Councilman Bob Hernandez said it was unreasonable for us to ask a developer to hold off developing a property for 25 years because Disney is talking about doing something"

It sounds to me like Anaheim is using this housing plan to push Disney into making some sort of commitment about expanding in the near future.

Which do you think is more valuable to Anaheim, An affordable housing complex, or the additional millions an expanded Disneyland Resort would bring into the city Coffers. This is typical Anaheim. Just wait and see.

Which do you think is more valuable to Anaheim, An affordable housing complex, or the additional millions an expanded Disneyland Resort would bring into the city Coffers. This is typical Anaheim. Just wait and see.

Logically I agree. Yet the track record in Florida is that local lawmakers (or groups looking to protect their own interests, or lawmakers looking to make a name for themselves by championing the cause of a special interest group) seem to spend an inordinate amount of time fighting Disney's moves.

All of these rumors (CR, DL, etc.) are nearly as old as DVC itself. Late last year Al Lutz had the fan community convinced that there would be an announcement in January. Ummm... :rolleyes1 So color me jaded until the announcement is finally made (and it will NOT be on April Fool's Day.) ;)

I'm sure it will happen someday, but whether it is weeks or months or years down the road remains to be seen.

I cannot argue with that. Good way to cover your bases Tim.;)

Ha, ha! Touche!!!

Well, if I were a betting man, I'd say it will be at least a year. My crystal ball doesn't see any further ahead than that. ;)

Take that for what it' worth (which is very little.)

Ha, ha! Touche!!!

Well, if I were a betting man, I'd say it will be at least a year. My crystal ball doesn't see any further ahead than that. ;)

Take that for what it' worth (which is very little.)

Oh, I agree that it will be at least a year before it is all hammered out. We will get leaks before then, I just added on at SSR. So the longer the better for me. Not ready to spend the $$$

I'm getting bored. I need some more interesting DVC leaks... Another draft of CRV could carry me over for at least a month. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter