Grad nights in May

Moby

Mouseketeer
Someone posted that grad nights at MK will be May 2, 3, 9 which are 3 of the nights we'll be at WDW. Can someone explain how this affects Disney guests? Are we kicked out early so park is available only to grads? Will the park be busier on those particular days?

Any info will be appreciated to help us plan our trip!

We have been there a few times in the last years and found the crowd impact to be minimal during the grad weeks.
Yes they usually close whatever respective park early 6-7pm and reopen it to the grad party. We found it to be a bit busier on the Saturday after the party because of all the students around but all in all not too bad.
I'm sure if you go at this time you will find it pretty moderate.
Good luck!

The Grad Nite is only held at the MK. It runs from sometime in the evening until 5:00 a.m. Impact on other guests is minimal as Valerie said.

The groups can also arrange for use of other venues so you may find Pleasure Island opening later or some other slight change like that.

We are staying at All Stars Movie and am wondering if it'll be swamped with grads partying all night (those who leave the MK early)?? Any thoughts? Perhaps we should move up to a moderate?

Many high school seniors will be visiting WDW during Grad week, I believe most stay offsite but maybe not all. If they are staying at any of the WDW resorts it would be the value resorts. Many come on buses and leave when it's over. Our local high school senior trip (southern NJ) to WDW is end of April til May 3. Grad Nights are April 26, 27 and May 2, 3, and 9. Grad Night is at MK only and usually begins at 11 PM - 5 AM. I don't think Grad Nights will interfere with our stay at all. We will be there first week of May, can't wait!!

From what I have read-it's Florida grads only and most just go home rather than stay at a resort.

Originally posted by mom_rules
From what I have read-it's Florida grads only and most just go home rather than stay at a resort.

It's not limited to Florida grads, but the majority are probably within driving distance.

When I was a senior at a high school in south Georgia, we drove down (about 4 hours), did grad night, then drove back the same night.

When we went in 2001, the plane was filled with high school kids from NJ that were going down for graduation.

Anna

I found out today that our high school seniors are staying at one of the AllStars resorts during their senior trip from April 29 - May 3. It's around 600 teens. Just a heads up for anyone who wanted to know, I'm trying to find out which AllStars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter