Government Employee/Discounts

BWVPam

Loves being at WDW!
Just wondering if anyone knew if government employees get any discount on park tickets or not. My husband is a GS-11 and I keep telling him to ask at work but he hasn't yet. Does anyone know for sure.

I swear, why is it they don't like to ask questions?? :rolleyes:

We have just decided to go over Spring Break and I need to get our park tickets.

Thanks

Some government employees can buy discount tickets at Shades of Green, but you have to be in a certain sector of government work. You can go to their website to check and see if he qualifies:

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/home.html

If you qualify, SOG has great room rates as well!

Another site has a variety of travel available for government employees - again, you need to qualify in certain ways; have not checked to see if Disney is on this, but this might be good for future reference as well!

http://www.getravelop.com/html/ge_index2.asp

My husband didn't want to get involved in the planning at all, which gave me a lot of leeway! I heard about SOG from a friend at work who's husband was in the military, and I picked up the other website surfing somewhere. Have fun!

My DH is a civilian, retired Federal gov't employee who worked on a military base. Before he retired he went to his MWR center and purchased advance park tickets. After he retired he went directly to SOG and bought park tickets once we arrived @WDW. On all occasions the ticket prices were discounted. He had to show his DoD ID in order to purchase the tickets.

The SOG deal is only for employees of DoD.

If you're not DoD, all you can get is a discount on room rates at the Swan/Dolphin if it's offered (and it's offered a lot).

Unfortunately, he is Homeland Security, not DoD,

Thanks for the info

No but you can get discounts at Swan or Dolphin and any non Disney hotel thru out the United States.

I am also a federal employee, and I am not aware of any discounts for park tickets. As the other posters have stated, the Swan and Dolphin Hotels do offer government rates for their lodging. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter