Goth Days - This one's for the Podcast Crew!

GuardMusic

Castaway Club Platinum
First, let's get one thing straight here. I'm a white, Midwestern, doctorate-degreed, professional, 30-something, single woman. I listen to Top 40, 80s music, and *gasp* Radio Disney. My style of dress can only be described as "preppy". :cutie:

But there's a dark, satirical, geeky person in me too. :confused: It all started with the TV show NCIS (stick with me here people!). My BFF and I think that Abby on NCIS (goth forensic scientist) is awesome.

So as a Christmas gift, I got BFF this shirt:
KaraLekkerSkullshirt.jpg

I got a matching one with a pink bow and black neck/sleeve trim! :scared1:

So since we were leaving for our Disney Magic cruise the next month in Jan. 2008, we came up with the following for our traditional trip-specific luggage tags:
Skullears.jpg

So you go Goth people. (However, you all still scare me!)
Gayle

So since we were leaving for our Disney Magic cruise the next month in Jan. 2008, we came up with the following for our traditional trip-specific luggage tags:
Skullears.jpg

So you go Goth people. (However, you all still scare me!)
Gayle

First, this post totally cracked me up.

Second, how do you make trip-specific luggage tags? Is this something you order from some company somewhere or is it a home-made project? If it's something you order, I think it's an awesome idea, and I'd love to start doing it for my family. If it's something crafty you can make, well, the idea dies right here for me. :rotfl:

I think if Goth Days doesn't have a logo yet, this should be it'

those are fab, are they something you made yourself??

dh and i are also big ncis and abby fans, those are somthing she would totally have to have!!

How the skull/crossbones/bow/ears were made:

I copied the graphic from the shirt ordered from Lekker Designs (division of CafePress). Found the "ears" hat graphic in an online search.

Scales down a PowerPoint slide to the size of a luggage tag. BFF helped add the ears and move the bow on Photoshop. We pasted the updated graphic in powerpoint and hit print.

Your local Kinkos has the luggage tag sized lamanent? and straps for about $1 each.

We usually do new luggage tags for each trip, but it seems these are sticking with us for awhile. We'll definitely add a new one for the Adventures by Disney trip in fall 2009!

Enjoy!
Gayle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter