Got our first RV! (Updated Pics as promised - 1/9/13 post 1)

Congratulations! Your RV is gorgeous!

Love your upholstery fabric and can't wait to see some photos.

My first ever sewing project was upholstering our camper cushions. After I bought the fabric, I got a price estimate to have someone do them for me at $60 per cushion. Way out of my price range so I learned to sew. Much to my surprise, they came out beautifully and looked professional.

We no longer have that RV, but sure wish I did. After Christmas we will be shopping for another and, after reading this, I think I will check out Cruise America.

DH just dropped off the RV off at the local Trailorama place to have them install the rear camera and to add signal lights to the side of the RV. Making our vehicle more visible. We have the signals in the back and a set on the side mirrors but when we drove it home people still seemed to not see us blinking or just ignored it so we decided to add ones to the side of the RV so we are sure they see us blinking.

My mother inlaw started work on the armchair in the camper. It is funny cause she has a hard time seeing the hidden Mickey (not a disney fan like us) so I had to help her center it on the back of the chair. It's not just DH and I right? You all see it in the fabric right? :goodvibes

We also changed the bathroom door handle. Can you believe they had no lock on that door??
I know we're family but hey some privacy plz. LOL

We also changed the bathroom door handle. Can you believe they had no lock on that door?? I know we're family but hey some privacy plz. LOL

I understand completely.

DH needs some place to read the newspaper in peace and quiet.

:rotfl:

Bama ED

yes yes, congratulations:cool1:
We all would love to see some updated photos and loved the video tour too :thumbsup2

congrats on the RV...hope you'll have lots of fun with it. Love the "hidden Mickey" fabric...very creative of you to think of doing it.
Peach

More updates. :goodvibes

The rear camera and signal lights on the side of the RV are now installed and working great!
The armchair has been finished with the hidden Mickey fabric. Mother inlaw had enough to do the whole chair and can even make me some pillows later. :cool1:
She has some customer furniture to take care of now so she will start on the curtains once their work is completed.
We finally winterized the RV. Took 4 gallons of the stuff even with the water heater bypassed. Had just enough to get just a little thru with alot of air, but the lines are now clear.
DH changed the stereo in the RV so we now have a USB port and audio cable outlet so we can hook up IPod and other electronics to enjoy.
I bought some deep basket type corner shelves that have suction cups for the the shower from Walmart to put in the corner of the bathroom above the toilet to add more storage space. Took the suction cups off and are going to screw it into the corner. :thumbsup2
Oh I also bought one of those hanging fabric shelf type shoe organizers for the closet. It had 10 shelves and cut it down to 4 so it fit in the cabinet closet so we can store socks and such without it having to be in a bin. Sewed the rest of the shelves so I could add a small hanger to hang it in the other closet for other items.

Can't wait for everything to be done so I can start taking picture and video so you all can see everything I'm talking about.

More updates. :goodvibes

The rear camera and signal lights on the side of the RV are now installed and working great!
The armchair has been finished with the hidden Mickey fabric. Mother inlaw had enough to do the whole chair and can even make me some pillows later. :cool1:
She has some customer furniture to take care of now so she will start on the curtains once their work is completed.
We finally winterized the RV. Took 4 gallons of the stuff even with the water heater bypassed. Had just enough to get just a little thru with alot of air, but the lines are now clear.
DH changed the stereo in the RV so we now have a USB port and audio cable outlet so we can hook up IPod and other electronics to enjoy.
I bought some deep basket type corner shelves that have suction cups for the the shower from Walmart to put in the corner of the bathroom above the toilet to add more storage space. Took the suction cups off and are going to screw it into the corner. :thumbsup2
Oh I also bought one of those hanging fabric shelf type shoe organizers for the closet. It had 10 shelves and cut it down to 4 so it fit in the cabinet closet so we can store socks and such without it having to be in a bin. Sewed the rest of the shelves so I could add a small hanger to hang it in the other closet for other items.

Can't wait for everything to be done so I can start taking picture and video so you all can see everything I'm talking about.

I like it. You got some great ideas. Think I'm going to borrow them, with your permission of course?:)

Sure! I can't wait to show it off once it is done.
That video is going to be a lot longer. :goodvibes

Need help thinking of an idea here.

My 2yr old knows how to open the car doors in the front of the rv and I am trying to think of a way to keep him from possibly doing that at night while we are sleeping.

I thought about those wireless door/window alarms but I would have to mount it on the outside of the door to work and it might get rained on then end up not working. Might mount it at top of door so it can get under the over hang.

Any other ideas that might work? I know he can't open the camper door as we have trouble getting that open when we put the deadbolt on. :goodvibes

Congrats on your new purchase. We have loved every minute of ours. Would like to see some updated photos when finished.

Sorry it took a while but I finally have pictures to show the changes we made to the RV we got used from Cruise America. You can see them in post 1

We still need to change over the faucets when it warms up.

Also plan to add a waving Stitch to the rear window to wave to everyone behind us.

Sorry it took a while but I finally have pictures to show the changes we made to the RV we got used from Cruise America. You can see them in post 1

Also plan to add a waving Stitch to the rear window to wave to everyone behind us.

Great job! :thumbsup2 The upholstery looks great, and the fabric is awesome. Know you will have some wonderful adventures in it. :yay:

Very nice!! Wishing you all a great time RVing!! Hope to see it at the Fort sometime!! :yay:

It really looks great! I love the fabric, so colorful and fun! Did you do the upholstery yourselves?

Lots of fun and luck to you and your family. We are excited to get out in our new to us RV as well! :thumbsup2

It looks ready to hit the road. :drive:

Bama ED

It really looks great! I love the fabric, so colorful and fun! Did you do the upholstery yourselves?

Lots of fun and luck to you and your family. We are excited to get out in our new to us RV as well! :thumbsup2

My mother in law does reupholstery so she was nice enough to do the fabric and curtains for us. :goodvibes

I love that upholstrey. It looks amazing! Have an awesome time on your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter