Got cheaper car rental Thanks Dis

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
:love: Due to reading the DIS. I checked the car rental prices for November. I really want to do the free ME, but its my DH's only request for the trip, a SUV. Anyhow, the price was over $400, I said no way. I trimmed one day and one hour off our trip (going again 2006) and got the price to $282, which I could live with, but not like. I rechecked and found Dollar at MCO and got it for $208 with taxes and all. Yahoo. I used the code MAG from mousesavers, again a DIS suggestion, and saved 10%. I just had to print orlando magicard. A big thanks to the DIS; I saved more to spend at Disney! So is Dollar easy to deal with? PS I had added 3 days to the trip due to Veteran's day and no school the Thursday before, so when I took away one day, we still had 2 extra days. :)

We have used Dollar every year for the past 6 years with no problems... print out your reservation and you will be fine! :goodvibes

We always use either Dollar or National - not just at MCO, but any time we rent a car for whatever reason. We have always had wonderful service. Since you would like to use ME and hubby wants an SUV to drive, why not consider using ME for arrival only. Disney will transfer your luggage and get you toll free to WDW. Then, you can rent a car when you get there. You can either rent one from the Dolphin Resort or the Car Care Center (longer operating hours). We are doing this (thanks to the DIS for the idea) on our trip in October. Our arrival flight is in the morning and our return flight is later in the day. By renting onsite at WDW we can pick up the car on the evening of our arrival day (around the same time as our drop off time) and this way we save an entire day's rental charge. There is a complimentary shuttle from all the resorts that will drive you to get the car. If you pick up at WDW and drop off at MCO, you can also have more time at WDW on your departure day since you won't have to leave extra early because of ME. :)

yeahdisney said:
:love: Due to reading the DIS. I checked the car rental prices for November. I really want to do the free ME, but its my DH's only request for the trip, a SUV. Anyhow, the price was over $400, I said no way. I trimmed one day and one hour off our trip (going again 2006) and got the price to $282, which I could live with, but not like. I rechecked and found Dollar at MCO and got it for $208 with taxes and all. Yahoo. I used the code MAG from mousesavers, again a DIS suggestion, and saved 10%. I just had to print orlando magicard. A big thanks to the DIS; I saved more to spend at Disney! So is Dollar easy to deal with? PS I had added 3 days to the trip due to Veteran's day and no school the Thursday before, so when I took away one day, we still had 2 extra days. :)

WE are also going that week and got a standard SUV for $161 from Dollar!

To rent from the Dolphin is it the company Dollar from there? What is the pick up place called? Do I just call Dollar and tell them from the Dolphin? I could do one more day without the car but shhhh we are going to go to sea world one day practically got free tickets and DH wants to car for that. Thanks

yeahdisney said:
To rent from the Dolphin is it the company Dollar from there? What is the pick up place called? Do I just call Dollar and tell them from the Dolphin? I could do one more day without the car but shhhh we are going to go to sea world one day practically got free tickets and DH wants to car for that. Thanks
To rent from the Dolphin location you will have to use either National or Alamo. If you call to make a reservation, just tell them that you want to pick up at Walt Disney World at the Dolphin resort. If you want to rent from Dollar you will have to pick up at the airport (MCO).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter