• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goofy Support Group (AKA Goofy Challenge 2010)

Ok fellow Goofy challengers - I am heading out the door on the way north to Disney. My DH is standing here waiting for me. Got to go.....Hope everyone stays warm.

Hey guys, I don't have anything to report but I am going a little mad here waiting to go to Disney :confused3 i don't leave till noon tomorrow and I am so jealous of everyone at the expo right now :guilty:

I have a induction night at my new school tonight and surprisingly enough I couldn't care less, normally this is something I would be sooo excited about but for some reason I have something else on my mind right now :confused3

I am going to re pack again now because the kiddo is taking a long nap and I am getting restless!:banana:

Anyway, safe travelling to everyone who is going to Disney today and I will see you all tomorrow :thumbsup2

Kirsty

Any Goofy folks want to buy some extra race shirts? We had 3 in our group cancel. A friend picked up our shirts and has them to sell for us.
Please PM me and I'll give you her phone no so can meet her at DW to purchase.
This would be a great souvenir for your favorite fan who made it possible for you to compete!

Good Luck to you all!

Beth in Dallas
sunny and 28 today

Picked everything up at the Expo yesterday and am heading back to check in this afternoon. Pack your raingear. It's supposed to be sleeting during the half.

Good luck to everyone. I hope to see some of you out there.

Kristy? How did today go? I saw a couple chairs head out this morning
But with all the layers must have missed you. :-(

There where two women who started and only one who finsihed......me.

I was slower than normal as I did not push it, I was 1:15:24

As long as I can finish tomorrow I will have won the Goofy Challenge women wheelchair.

I think I saw you on the screen Kirstie. Yes it was sleeting this morning. They said it was snow but it was more like ice - it hurt when it hit my eyes. I looked like the Yeti the entire time because I had on the disposable pants and jacket and never needed to take them off. I had on a short sleeve shirt with a long sleeve technical shirt and then a zip up jacket hoodie with the throw away jacket. I carried a blanket around my neck for about the first 7 miles. I decided to take it nice and slow and finished just before my estimated time - I was planning on a 3 hour finish and my official time was 2:54. My plan for tomorrow is the same take it nice and slow. I had to remind myself today that I am not doing this for a PR and just remember my main goal is to finish.

Woohoo Kristy! Stay warm tomorrow! I forgot the hot pockets this
Morning but not to morning! Lol.

Yay tricia! Wtg on the time!

I think dh said I was 3:17 but don't quote me I haven't been to the site nor
Remember my garmin time. Froze at the end waiting for the bus. My fingers were
Going numb. Saw matt on the bridge and after finishing. Seeing him on the bridge made
The day! What a wonderful surprise!!!

THi morning was hard to plan for dress wise. Rain is easy and cold is easy but combined and not knowing if pre-race or later made the decsion tough.

In the morning should be easier. Plan on a 15 F wind chill for waiting and I will keepa long throw down shirt on through MK again in the morning.

Off to bed

The air card for my laptop doesn't work so I only have my blackberry for internet connection so it's limited at best. Way to go all for finishing the half. Kristy, Diane, and Tricia...Wow fantastic job! That was one of the hardest for me due to the early morning get up, cold, waiting, ice. The worse was waitting for the bus back to POFQ. My kids were running in the Kid' Fest so I only had enough time to grab food, get back to the room, quick shower then go. As is, we got there with a few minutes before the ran their races. Anyway, I'm trying to eat my breakfast anf finish dressing. Best of luck to you all. See you at the finish line.

Well Goofy's in the books. Thanks to all on this board for the advise and support. Especially Coach. Your suggestions on the sweatshirt, getting a second fuel belt, etc.really helped me out. Hopefully everyone made it (and not hurting too much). Time to celebrate!!!

Nos

Hi all,
Thanks for all the support and encouragement. Goofy #2 is done. Yea! Much better than last year, I can walk this year. :rotfl:

Hope everyone finished.

Duane

Hey everyone way to go on the finishes! Did anyone else think that saturday was hell? I had to wait for an hour to get on a bus to all stars, and then I was sick all day long :( but I made it :) I did a 2.58 for the 1/2 which is just what I had planned but I still didn't feel good at the start of the full (nauseus and headache) so I took it really, really slow, my legs felt fine the entire way but I finished 6.40 which was 40 mins slower than I planned for but safety first right! And I DID IT! I got my medals and I am a marathon finisher!

Good Job everyone, I know I saw some of you but not others, but congratulations!!! We did it :)

kirsty

Congrats to all my fellow Goofy finishers! I had a wonderful time all weekend cheering on and receiving support from every WISHer I saw. Didn't know anyone by name, but it sure was nice to have you all out there. As I was explaining what WISH is and how I found you all to my running buddy at mile 24-ish, we came across another WISHer. How cool is that? :)

Congrats everyone. I am so happy I am finished - I felt good after Saturday - I took my time and came in 2:54 (22 minutes off my PR but I knew I needed to not push it too hard on Saturday.) My goal was 3 hours so I made my goal - happy about that. For the full I came in 6:02 (16 minutes longer then my time last year but my goal was 6 hours - so I am happy) I got my Goofy and can't be happier. My lower left leg is really sore but I am still enjoying the parks somewhat. We were at MK last night until after 11 and I didn't end up getting to bed until almost 1AM. Going to MGM and Epcot tonight and then leaving in the morning.

Thanks for all the support on the this thread everyone.

Okay, so it's beginning to look I've gone a little Goofy, spamming all the threads. Now, wait, I *did* go Goofy 2010 (if not gracefully).

But my real purpose here is to catch the eye of as many WISHers as possible. I've started a thread about teams, whether they should continue, and if so how? I'd love to get your input!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2375591

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter