Goodbye Beloved Disney

Sharptooth

Mouseketeer
First i would like to say i am posting this on the disabality board because this is where i spend most of my time. I would like you all to know my name. My name is George and i am a 59 yr old male. I have loved all things Disney all my life. My first time going to Disney was 25 yrs ago for our honeymoon. We bought into DVC approx. 6 yrs ago. We have never regretted that decision. We now go 2-3 times a year thanks to DVC. People have made fun of us for being Disney nuts but we do not care because we truly believe their is magic at Disney.The reason for saying goodbye to Disney is my disease[ pulminary fibrous] is in the advance stages and i am getting ready for my next journey. We just got back from Disney on Dec.14. We had a 2 bedroom at Saratoga, and we filled it up with friends and family. Disney could not of treated us any better. Let me say before we arrived my youngest daughter had been in contact with someone at Disney named Linda. We arrived at check-in early to be told the room was not ready because it was being a VIP cleaning.We were given everything else including yellow key to the world cards.We were told yellow designated us as VIPs. We were all given VIP fastpasses for all the parks, and reserved seating for Wishes. Housekeeping knocked on our door every other day asking if everything was ok and if we needed anything.The first night we got a knock on the door and it was a person from DVC. DVC had sent us a beautiful gift, it was a small Disney suitcase with gifts inside. A waterbottle, aDVC hat, a duffle bag, luggage tags plus more. Two days later we received a beautiful print of Saratoga and some balloons from the resort.Two days later we received a 4 ft. helium balloon of mickey. The gifts from Disney seemed to never stop coming. Sometimes it would just a note wishing us luck and throwing pixie dust our way.Thank-you Disney.The reason i am telling you all this is because i have seen so many people complain about Disney. Disney is not perfect but who or what is. Learn to go with the flow people and dont sweat the small stuff. Goodbye my friends and fellow disers and so long my beloved Disney.:hippie:

George it was very generous of you to share this very personal experience.

May God bless you and your family. May He comfort all.

Say hi to Walt. Our lives are richer because of Walt and caring people like you.

I'm sorry for the reason you are needing to say goodbye to Disney. :grouphug:

Glad to hear that your last trip was so special and so full of happy memories. :goodvibes

Hope for a miracle that lets you have another wonderful trip, but realize this would probably take a big, big miracle.

Thanks for sharing. :hug:

I wish you peace on your next journey George. Thanks for spending a precious moment with us. May God bless you and keep you.

Praying you have a peaceful journey home George - God Bless you and your family and friends.

May your next journey be peaceful and painless. When you get there, give Alize a hug from his mommy.

I'm glad your last visit "home" was filled with family and fun and love. May your next journey be peaceful and serene. God Bless you and your family.

Thank you for sharing such a personal part of your life. Thoughts of love and peace on your next journey.

Peace be with you and say hi to Walt. Disney will miss your visits and glad your last was wonderful for you and your family.

Godspeed on your trip to the great beyond!

I will be praying for you and your family that you find peace and comfort as you prepare for the next phase of existence

God bless you George and bless your family. I'll have a Dole Whip for you on our next trip in August.

God Bless you George and perhaps wherever your next journey takes you you might arrive there on a Monorail greeted by "Welcome Home".

First i would like to say i am posting this on the disabality board because this is where i spend most of my time. I would like you all to know my name. My name is George and i am a 59 yr old male. I have loved all things Disney all my life. My first time going to Disney was 25 yrs ago for our honeymoon. We bought into DVC approx. 6 yrs ago. We have never regretted that decision. We now go 2-3 times a year thanks to DVC. People have made fun of us for being Disney nuts but we do not care because we truly believe their is magic at Disney.The reason for saying goodbye to Disney is my disease[ pulminary fibrous] is in the advance stages and i am getting ready for my next journey. We just got back from Disney on Dec.14. We had a 2 bedroom at Saratoga, and we filled it up with friends and family. Disney could not of treated us any better. Let me say before we arrived my youngest daughter had been in contact with someone at Disney named Linda. We arrived at check-in early to be told the room was not ready because it was being a VIP cleaning.We were given everything else including yellow key to the world cards.We were told yellow designated us as VIPs. We were all given VIP fastpasses for all the parks, and reserved seating for Wishes. Housekeeping knocked on our door every other day asking if everything was ok and if we needed anything.The first night we got a knock on the door and it was a person from DVC. DVC had sent us a beautiful gift, it was a small Disney suitcase with gifts inside. A waterbottle, aDVC hat, a duffle bag, luggage tags plus more. Two days later we received a beautiful print of Saratoga and some balloons from the resort.Two days later we received a 4 ft. helium balloon of mickey. The gifts from Disney seemed to never stop coming. Sometimes it would just a note wishing us luck and throwing pixie dust our way.Thank-you Disney.The reason i am telling you all this is because i have seen so many people complain about Disney. Disney is not perfect but who or what is. Learn to go with the flow people and dont sweat the small stuff. Goodbye my friends and fellow disers and so long my beloved Disney.:hippie:

Thank you for sharing your story. I am glad they made the trip even more magical. I hope your next journey is just as wonderful. I agree, I think sometimes people are too "busy" worrying about the small stuff they lose sight of the big picture!

adding my prayers with the others - God Bless you George, thank you for sharing your beautiful journey with us! May you find peace and comfort, may the memories of the Disney magic be with us all! :wizard:

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I am so glad that Disney treated you and yours to such a wonderful VIP last trip. I will always remember what you said about slowing down and taking time to enjoy it all. May God bless you and yours!!!

Thank you for sharing your story George. I'm glad to hear you got the chance to have one more special trip to Disney and were given VIP treatment here on earth. In heaven you will get to spend all your time at Disney now. May God welcome you home with open arms and be with your family in their time of need. :hug:

Thank you George for sharing:grouphug: I'm so glad to hear that your last trip to WDW was filled with joy and happiness. Thoughts and prayers to you, and your family:hug:

Just sitting here shaking my head that someone much like me, a complete stranger, someone I've never met and never will has just put a million things in their proper perspective.

Thank you George. God bless you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter