Good thoughts coming to Nancy

Nancy here…. Finally! Thanks so much for all the well wishes!!!

you guys all mean the world to me.
I’m doing a lot better than we thought. I apparently went vasovagal and that triggered my known arrhythmia into causing a cardiac arrest and in turn cut a bit of O2 from my brain. I’ve got some minor speech and memory issues from it and am so fortunate that I wasn’t in a vegetative state when I came off the ventilator. Apparently it was quite a scary week for my family. I fortunately don’t remember any of it.

my speech is quite a bit better now, even though I have some trouble finding words, but I won’t bad mouth autocorrect/auto select again. I’m using it to write this.
I’m not allowed to drive yet and I’ve been resting a lot too, probably too much! My husband is the real hero. In all of this. He started compression until the fire department came and he and the girls have been driving the bus while I’m laid back.

Special thanks to Pete and MaryJo for helping me make it through this. Their friendship is invaluable! (And yes. I took Porto’s pastries to the firehouse and to all my nurses.)

I’m doing a lot better than we thought. I apparently went vasovagal and that triggered my known arrhythmia into causing a cardiac arrest and in turn cut a bit of O2 from my brain. I’ve got some minor speech and memory issues from it and am so fortunate that I wasn’t in a vegetative state when I came off the ventilator. Apparently it was quite a scary week for my family. I fortunately don’t remember any of it.

my speech is quite a bit better now, even though I have some trouble finding words, but I won’t bad mouth autocorrect/auto select again. I’m using it to write this.
I’m not allowed to drive yet and I’ve been resting a lot to probably too much! My husband is the real hero. In all of this. He started compression until the fire department came and he and the girls have been driving the bus while I’m laid back.

Special thanks to Pete and MaryJo for helping me make it through this. Their friendship is invaluable! (And yes. I took Porto’s pastries to the firehouse and to all my nurses.)

So happy to hear you are on the mend! Prayers for you to continue to get better! 😊

I’m not allowed to drive yet and I’ve been resting a lot to probably too much! My husband is the real hero. In all of this. He started compression until the fire department came and he and the girls have been driving the bus while I’m laid back.

How scary. SO glad you're on the mend, and repairing/working on any lingering deficits. Like you said, it could have been so much worse, thank goodness it was not.
Please be gentle with yourself, and know that healing light and caring thoughts will continue to be sent your way!

Nancy, I am so happy to hear you are doing well. Just remember to listen to your body and not to push your boundaries too soon. DH had his stress levels pushed a bit too much a year after his heart attack---shingles popped up days after his contract job was cut/week before his 50th during 2020. He is allowed to do more in the gym now with rest breaks (last heart scans were great). He is losing weight with doctor's recommendation of Noom and we still try to stay under 2000/25000mg sodium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts