Good quality princess dresses and other costumes?

Princess Roo

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for dress-up clothes for my children for Christmas, and figured around Halloween would be the best time to buy them, but most of the things I'm found seem really poor quality. Does anyone have some suggestions on brands that will hold up to years of dress-up play? I'm looking for things like policeman, doctor, pirate, cowboy, princess dresses...
For the princess dresses, are the ones at the Disney Store or My Dress Up Trunk better quality?

The Princess clothes from the Disney Store or from Target & Walmart are much better quality than the ones from a dress up trunk. All dress up clothes from a dress up trunk are very poor quality, and don't fit well. They tear easily and don't last. I've gotten a Princess and a Dora for my daughter and neither of the two have lasted well....

I've had good luck with ebay and craigslist.org
I look for listing with Disney store in description to ensure quality.

They are usually around $20 and often the seller will include an accessory (shoes, crown, purse, fan)
All have been in excellent condition.

For Christmas and her bday (in January) Grandma wanted to buy her a new dress from the Disney store.
They are $30+ but we definately get lots of use out of them.
Dress up in a daily activity around here.
She went to home depot recently with DH in her Christmas dress. Just because.

Her very first dress was Belle for Halloween at 3.
I made the mistake of washing it and lost all the glitter.
:scared1:

Good luck & happy shopping

I forgot to add that after Halloween, Disney Shopping does tremendous mark downs on their constumes. Those that are regularly $40 are $20 or less, and the accessories are really cheap as well. Just start checking after Halloween and the prices will start dropping.

I forgot to add that after Halloween, Disney Shopping does tremendous mark downs on their constumes. Those that are regularly $40 are $20 or less, and the accessories are really cheap as well. Just start checking after Halloween and the prices will start dropping.
Thank you for adding this! I was wondering about this earlier today while I was talking to my husband about Halloween! My DD2 (You got to start them young!) doesn't know which Princess she wants to be because all of the dresses are so beautiful! I would love go get her the Giselle dress but it's 80 bucks! :faint: my after halloween I can get them and save them for Christmas (if i can wait that long!)

Thank you for the advice on the Disney dresses. I'll definitely check out the after-Halloween sales.

Any other ideas?

Inspired by your thread, I hit the local kids consignment shop. I got a really cute Snowwhite dress for $12. It's an older disney store design but seems to be made really well. I also really like that the Disney Store has sizes as oppose to other dresses that come in S, M, L. My DD is only 2 so i ended up tying up her other dresses so that they fit and eventually they tear.

I was at Tuesday Morning the other week. They had Disney dresses. They were all between $15 - $20. I love the Disney Store costumes. I got my kids costumes this summer online. Jo Jo was 3.99 and Power Rangers was 7.99. I am still kicking myself for not getting any princess or fairy dresses. Oh, well. I am going to be much smarter this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter