Good priced fare from YEG to MCO?

Gracomom

Earning My Ears
From Edmonton, I have no idea what a good price for a flight to Orlando from Edmonton is. We're cruising from December 1 to 8. The only direct flight is Westjet, leaving November 30 at 11 pm getting there 6 am, then coming home the day of the cruise from 7:20 pm to 11 pm. The price per adult return incl. taxes is $655.97. Is this a good rate for a direct flight? Should I wait for it to go down, or grab it while it's there?

When we flew last september from calgary on Air Canada, we paid $109 pp each way. After taxes it came to just over $1500 for the 4 of us. Have yet to see any seat sales come close to that this year. The best I've seen out of Edmonton has been around $2000 for the 4 of us. I find Westjet to be the highest out there but then again, are the only ones I could see offering a direct flight.

This is one disadvantage to living out west, the fares are more expensive, and if you have a direct flight somewhere warm, there is usually only 1 and it's westjet and expensive!

Depends on how important a direct flight is to you. United is usually cheapest, but it'll include a layover. We booked at $577 a person this time as we paid a bit extra to have a specific flight time, but we could've booked at $517 pp.

I did see cheaper direct flights a few weeks ago through Westjet, but I think they were around $600 or just below. I don't know if price is going to drop anymore, I'm thinking it'll just keep going up the closer December gets.

I've flown first time to Orlando, January 2008: Got flights on Unitied through Chicago for$300 PP.......will never see flights that low again, I think....I hated flying United and will pay more to fly Canadian airlines from now on....

Sept 2009: flights where around $400pp with AirCanada

Feb 2011: direct WJ flight about $199 each way plus tax

Oct 2012: this upcoming trip, I was lucky to get a pin code at christmas that saved me on my AirCanada flight....I wanted a good schedule (arrive early, leave later) and found it best to fly TO Disney with West Jet // we leave next Thursday from Edmonton to Toronto at 6 pm....arrive Toronto 11:30pm. We are spending the night IN the airport Gateway Sheraton to avoid Red Eye/long lay over. Our flight to Orlando leaves the next morning at 10:30 am arriving in orlando at 1:09 pm.....I like that schedule!

I bought our return flights on Air Canada: depart Orlando at 1:45pm / arrive back in Edmonton by 9:30 pm
These flights for 3 cost about $650 PP plus $25 each per bag coming home on air Canada...,total for 3 was around $1950
I don't think it's easy to get flights from Edmonton less than $600 anymore. If you find a schedule you like, grab the flight, I say :thumbsup2

We're going in November and paid about 2000 for four of us on United. Never had an issue flying United in over 15 trips with them now. Oh, and that's from Edmonton.

When I booked our flights to Disneyland a couple weeks ago,the prices from YEG to LAX were exactly what we paid in 2010...$921 all in for 3 of us.We are flying out of Grande Prairie this time so I didn't jump on that deal,but by checking twice a day....every day...you willl sometimes run into these blips.The price is way lower and if you even think about changing your time or the number of people it will be gone:( I have no idea how this works but I have seen AC and WJ change their prices 3 times in one day.

OH MY!!!!!

I don't have a whole lot to add to this thread... I'm just awed and amazed that the pp is from GP! I am too from GP and I am booked for May2013 in WDW. I can't believe I found another diser from there!

Welcome!

I am flying from GP to Orlando next May for 800 bucks... I know the GP flight adds quite a bit as a single GP to Edmonton is 150 at good times.

I say take what you can... I believe flights will just go up as Christmas approaches and demand for flights goes up!

Lisa

There are a few of us.:thumbsup2 And yeah flying out of here is worth about $500 more than Edmonton....but by the time I pay for gas there and back,two hotels,restaurants and parking plus the 5 hr.drive.(in the winter)...I'll pay the extra and drive 5 minutes to the airport.Have you been to DL? I haven't been to WDW....yet :hourglass

A little background on me.. I did go to DL twice and WDW twice growing up with my family... All of these trips before I was 12!

2009 I graduated from grade 12 and my best friend and I took off to WDW for 14 days just the two of us age 18 and 17! 2013 is around the corner and I will be graduating from University! So back to Disney I go with a different friend who has never been!

So I don't remember DL like at all... But I am in love with WDW so much to do with 4 different parks and 2 water parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter