Good PAT, Boarding Group!

dclDream2018

Mouseketeer
Checking in today and have no idea what to think about my assigned PAT/boarding group. Is an 11:45 am PAT good these days, or is later better? Is boarding group 9 bad, or does that not matter?

Checking in today and have no idea what to think about my assigned PAT/boarding group. Is an 11:45 am PAT good these days, or is later better? Is boarding group 9 bad, or does that not matter?

When you pick your port of arrival time, do all your documents need to be uploaded first? Can you add your documents a few days before to make it easier?

11:45am is awesome, on the first sailings back I believe 1pm was the first available.

I just checked in for our September 27th cruise (booked this past weekend) and I was to get 12:00 PAT and boarding group 10. This is a whole new world for me. Usually, as a Platinum, we get Boarding Group 1 and don't need to pick a PAT.

Still, I understand they are trying to limit the amount of folks at any given time in the terminal.

I just checked in for our September 27th cruise (booked this past weekend) and I was to get 12:00 PAT and boarding group 10. This is a whole new world for me. Usually, as a Platinum, we get Boarding Group 1 and don't need to pick a PAT.

Still, I understand they are trying to limit the amount of folks at any given time in the terminal.

I don't have any solid evidence but I think they had some early PAT reserved for Platinum only. I'm Platinum and in my cruise group I was able to get an 11 PAT and I slept in and checked in after others in our group that got a much later time and group.

When you pick your port of arrival time, do all your documents need to be uploaded first? Can you add your documents a few days before to make it easier?

11:45am is awesome, on the first sailings back I believe 1pm was the first available.

You need to have your documents uploaded before you can select a time. That's photos of each passenger and photos of your passports (or other acceptable travel documents). They don't need to approve the photos before selecting a time, though.

Hope we can get back to that in 2022!

Do you have to pick a PAT if using disney transportation from the airport?

No. I have airport to port transfers scheduled for 9/20 and when I checked it, I was put into boarding group 2 and told that I don't need an arrival time. I guess Disney figures that their bus schedule already spreads us out enough.

Do you have to pick a PAT if using disney transportation from the airport?

I didn't have to pick a PAT for my October 8 cruise with airport transfers but there was at least one other person who also had airport transfers who did have to pick a PAT.

No. I have airport to port transfers scheduled for 9/20 and when I checked it, I was put into boarding group 2 and told that I don't need an arrival time. I guess Disney figures that their bus schedule already spreads us out enough.

I have Disney transportation too and got a 2 boarding group.
It also said no time needed

I don't have any solid evidence but I think they had some early PAT reserved for Platinum only. I'm Platinum and in my cruise group I was able to get an 11 PAT and I slept in and checked in after others in our group that got a much later time and group.

I am Platinum and got a PAT of 12:00 pm with boarding group 10......but I did book just a few days ago.

We were Boarding group 21 for September 6th cruise and we boarded just a bit over 2 hours after our PAT of 1:30. I thought it was awful.

Loved it when Platinum got 1 or 2!

We were Boarding group 21 for September 6th cruise and we boarded just a bit over 2 hours after our PAT of 1:30. I thought it was awful.

Well at least the bright side of the delay is that our room should be ready by the time we board so we can drop our carry ons off!!

Well at least the bright side of the delay is that our room should be ready by the time we board so we can drop our carry ons off!!
See you found the lemonade!!
Even boarding so late, we did get Palo for that night. ( We booked the cruise 10 days before boarding, nothing was ever available).) So, we just had a bowl of soup at Cabanas which stayed open until 4, and headed to our room. Guest Services helped DH get that Palo reservation! Luggage had been delivered.

The new Mustering way is a big improvement IMO!

See you found the lemonade!!
Even boarding so late, we did get Palo for that night. ( We booked the cruise 10 days before boarding, nothing was ever available).) So, we just had a bowl of soup at Cabanas which stayed open until 4, and headed to our room. Guest Services helped DH get that Palo reservation! Luggage had been delivered.

The new Mustering way is a big improvement IMO!

I was going to ask if they were doing the Palo waitlist at the dining changes venue like pre-Covid? We would always book late and not be able to get Palo until onboard. So now you put your name on a list at GS?

I was able to snag a Palo Brunch today after days of trying for our 9/27 cruise. I just booked this past weekend.

Today I was able to change our PAT to an earlier time. Just checked the website randomly and they had the 11:45 slot available so I grabbed it. I'll take 15 minutes earlier!! Oh, and it changed by boarding group to 9 instead of 10.

All our group is checked in......pending of course.
We got boarding group 2......3 cabins. We are arriving on Disney transportation, not sure what time that will arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter