Good mid-strip resort?

discorsner

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me which mid strip resort they love and why? Need to book 2 rooms May 29-June2. Looking for something centerally located on strip that might have a deal at that time.

We are major WDW people and we just happen to be going to LV with my parents at the end of May. I definitely don't feel as though it is in my comfort zone like WDW where I know about the properties and I don't feel hesitant to recommend things.

We have been to LV once back in March of 2000 and stayed at Luxor. We liked it but felt it was all the way down to one end. TIA!

And absolutely loved it but it is a bit more pricey though there are deals available from time to time. I have also had friends stay at the mirage and they liked it there. Other friends swear by the Wynn but again have no frst hand experience with that one.

Dee:)

We always are fine walking the entire strip so don't really concern ourselves with trying to stay mid-strip. I've stayed in most of the hotels and the ones I like mid-strip would be Bellagio and Ceasars Augustus Tower. I prefer Venetian over these though but Venetian is not mid-strip. I like these hotels the best because the rooms are bigger and more luxurious and the dining options are better.

Make sure you go to the hotels' websites and sign up for offers. I got email offers for both Venetian and the Mirage this week that were both very reasonable room rates. Since you are going over Memorial Day, I wouldn't expect that you are going to find great deals.

The new hotels at the City Center have opened but I haven't been in a few months so I don't know if there are any good rates to be had at them.

Try Paris or Bally's - you are across the street from Bellagio and catercorner to Caesars.

We stayed at Bally's in December with comped rooms (South Tower) but used the $20 check-in trick and ended up in a beautiful suite in the North Tower!! Bally's is a bit older hotel; however, is connected to Paris and all of their restaurants and shops. Bally's also has the overstreet walkway to the Bellagio which is nice and convenient.

We wanted to give Bally's some "play" but we had a hard time finding machines/tables at the Harrah properties that we liked.

Glad to hear any info about Bally's.

Is the NOrth Tower location good? I thought I read that the South tower views are better. Maybe that we a different hotel. I have been reading so much. Going in April and haven't booked my hotel yet. Leaning toward Bally's because of price and location.

Thanks,
Pam

midstrip top end...Bellagio or Caesars (NOT Roman or classic rooms...ick)
mid...Paris or Mirage
low mid...Ballys (my fav)
low...Imperial Palace
Wynn is top end but at the far north end of midstrip
Venetian/Palazzo are hi mid price range, and tho not right in the middle, still a solid north mid location.
We have stayed at Caesars, Paris, Mirage & Ballys. Tyypically stay at Ballys for price (and location)
I DO think staying midstrip is important for first timers. You will do ALOT of walking even staying midstrip, but it is nice to go north one day, south another.

Bally's North Tower - more expensive but nicer than South Tower (but latter has better views)
Flamingo GO room - more expensive but nicer than standard
Bill's Gambling Hall - small

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter