Good Mexican Restaurant Recommendations?

pepperandchips

[melinda]
Wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for Mexican near Disney or Universal. We've done La Hacienda San Angel at Epcot (way too expensive for what you get) and Antojitos at Universal's City Walk (only mildly too expensive for what you get, but the margaritas were killer). Any offsite recommendations? We're not super picky - authentic or Tex-Mex, it all suits us just fine. Prefer not to drive to downtown Orlando or anything like that. Sand Lake/Doc Phillips/Lake Buena Vista/Kissimmeee/Celebration areas would all be fine.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if it's authentic Mexican, but Senor Frogs on I-Drive was a lot of fun (just down past the Orlando Eye).
The food was good and serving sizes were huge. The frozen margaritas were 2 for 1 happy hour pricing on our last visit...too good.

FYI: you can usually get a Groupon deal if you are visiting Monday-Thursday

Wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for Mexican near Disney or Universal. We've done La Hacienda San Angel at Epcot (way too expensive for what you get) and Antojitos at Universal's City Walk (only mildly too expensive for what you get, but the margaritas were killer). Any offsite recommendations? We're not super picky - authentic or Tex-Mex, it all suits us just fine. Prefer not to drive to downtown Orlando or anything like that. Sand Lake/Doc Phillips/Lake Buena Vista/Kissimmeee/Celebration areas would all be fine.

Thanks in advance!
Chuy's is really good. There is a location over by Animal Kingdom and near the Orlando Eye.

Chuy's and Chevy's are both pretty good to us. If you want to try another spot ... Rocco's Tacos in Dr. Phillips is also good as well. Big hit with the locals here and I eat there probably once a week :) if that tells you anything.

Agave Azul is considered one of the best in the area.. It's down the street from Universal.

My favorite taco place called Border Grill is across the street from Universal. It's definitely a hole-in-the-wall, but it's cheap, authentic and it's good!

Rocco's Tacos is good and I love the decor, but I find it to be a little busy/loud most nights. Their churro dessert is to die for, though.

Agave Azul is considered one of the best in the area.. It's down the street from Universal.

My favorite taco place called Border Grill is across the street from Universal. It's definitely a hole-in-the-wall, but it's cheap, authentic and it's good!

Rocco's Tacos is good and I love the decor, but I find it to be a little busy/loud most nights. Their churro dessert is to die for, though.

This Agave Azul...One of our favorites. It's in shopping center and looks like run of the mill/by the numbers mexican but is very good. Have also enjoyed Azteca D'Oro.

You guys are awesome! Incidentally, these are some of my top contenders just from browsing Trip Advisor so between the public and my friends here on the Dis I have the benefit of hard choices! Looking forward to branching out and enjoying some off site dining options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter