• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good lunch near Disney Institute?

indigo

Disney Blogger!
If we spa at the DI, is there some place close (walking distance) we can eat lunch before returning to the YC?

Thanks

I haven't been to DI yet (planning on visiting the spa on our next trip :D ), but according to the 2002 passporter, you can walk or bus to Downtown Disney, or take the ferry after 4:00. It lists the walking time at about 15 minutes and the bus time at 10 minutes. Hope this helps!

I didn't mention the ferry because with the DI lodging being renovated I didn't know if it would still be running. I'd double check on that before counting on it... Maybe someone's who's been recently can confirm?

Also, when DH made my spa reservations, they told him that they included round-trip taxi transfers from my resort. DH will be at DD (playing at Disney Quest :rolleyes: ) while I am at the spa, so we asked if the taxi would take me to DD when I'm done, rather than back to the resort. The CM said that he didn't think that would be a problem, since the driver is paid for the trip to the resort, and DD is a lot closer than any resort, so he would be making money. When we're done at DD, we'll just take the bus back to our resort. Hope all that made sense. I don't know if your spa visit includes taxi transfers too, but if so this might be an option for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter