Good Luck to those who don't have PS for Easter Week yet!

LeahA

DIS Veteran
My family and I are staying at the WL the week of Easter. We booked a PS for Easter dinner last month. I called down a couple days ago to book the rest of my PS's for the week and was shocked to find that so much was already booked! We are checking in on Saturday and I couldn't get in at the Whispering Canyon Cafe until Thursday night!

I had a wonderful dining cm help me figure out different restaurants, because everything I wanted originally was booked. So, if you haven't booked any PS's I would do it soon, unless you want to eat counter service for every meal!

Oh my goodness! Sounds like thats going to be a busy week. Im glad you were able to work some things out.
Thanks for the warning. :)

We have had no trouble getting the ps's we want for easter weekend.

The only one we couldn't get is chef mickeys for breakfast..and that was just a last minute thought, so no problem. We will go to Kona cafe instead.

I just called this morning and didn't have any problems securing reservations!!

We went Easter in 02 without PS and found out the hard way that we were unable to get anything until the last couple days of our trip. This year I already have them made for everyday we planned to sit down and eat. :flower: I'm glad you were able to work yours out. :sunny:

Depends on where you want to eat. Character meals are always hard during busy times. World Showcase dinners tend to fill up, too.

That's the way it was Thanksgiving well, too. We saw them turn away dozens one day at Sci-Fi at MGM. People just thought they'd mosey on it I reckon.:)
Kim

I think a lot of people just don't know what a PS is until they get to WDW. I can't tell you how many times I have heard people complain about CM's not offering the suggestion to get PS for thier WDW trip. I think a lot of people don't research enough before their trip. I can't imagine spending all that money and not knowing exactly what to expect. I like to get the most bang for my buck. The best way to do that is to know your options and to be prepared. We always PS around 90 days out. You can always cancel but you can't always get a PS. :earboy2:

I was on the phone for a good half an hour this morning but did get every priority seating I requested for the week preceding Easter Sunday.
Prime Time Cafe, Marrakesh, Boma and the Brown Derby Fantasmic show! :cheer2:

We've been there twice during Easter without PS (We never make them) and had no problems. You need to be flexible to do this, also we eat at off times. By all means if it makes you feel more comfortable make them ahead of time.

Anytime I have called to make ressies for a Disney resort, they have asked me if I would like to make my PS then. They also ask when you check in at the resorts. The worst times to be without a PS are:
Valentine's Day
The 2 Weeks around Easter
Mother's Day
4th of July
Thanksgiving... and that weekend
The 2 weeks surrounding Christmas
New Year's Eve

LeahA We are checking in on Saturday and I couldn't get in at the Whispering Canyon Cafe until Thursday night! [/QUOTE said:
Are you referring to Saturday the day before Easter or the week before Easter?

Just curious: We're arriving Saturday week before Easter and got Whispering Canyon that night as well as one sit down meal each night. This was about 3 weeks ago. I'm REALLY worried about the crowds now.

JJsmama said:
Are you referring to Saturday the day before Easter or the week before Easter?

Just curious: We're arriving Saturday week before Easter and got Whispering Canyon that night as well as one sit down meal each night. This was about 3 weeks ago. I'm REALLY worried about the crowds now.

It is really crowded now, so I can just imagine that it will be SUPER crowded during the 2 weeks around Easter! It always is, but attendence has definitely increased over the past 4 years! We were really spoiled!!!

We are booked for 6 days at CR over Easter. Now some friends decided to go and not there was NO availability at any on site resort for that week. I told her to keep calling back everyday. It is going to be crazy busy.

People are also having trouble getting a Priceline room for that week as well.

Sounds like a WDW is going to be crowded. :goodvibes :earsboy: Everybody have a great time. :wave2:

Is PS needed to eat at the resort restaurant? We will be at POR and enjoyed eating a couple of meals at Boatwrites (mostly breakfast). We'll be there March 24-30th do you think we'll need PS's?

I called today and had my pick of times for Ohana on Tuesday, March 22nd. Chef Mickey's had nothing before 9pm. Atleast we now have a PS for dinner each night that week. :rolleyes:

Lizzybee said:
Is PS needed to eat at the resort restaurant? We will be at POR and enjoyed eating a couple of meals at Boatwrites (mostly breakfast). We'll be there March 24-30th do you think we'll need PS's?

Yes, I would get them. See what is available at your restaurants of choice, it would be sad to take the time to get the restaurant only to be turned away and then have to look for another.

I booked mine about a month ago and got what I wanted. All except Hoop Dee Doo only had availability on Thursday March 24th, (nothing the entire next week). We took it even though that is our first day there.

We are arriving on March 26th and checking out on April 2nd. I guess it's a little harder to be flexible when your travelling with 3 small kids, ages, 1, 4, and 7. Dinner at home is always around 6:00p.m. and that seemed to be the most popular time for dinner PS's.

We will have fun no matter what, we always do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter