Good luck Dave!

roomthreeseventeen

Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
Dave Parfitt is running his first marathon this weekend in Pittsburgh, and he's already raised $1000 for Give Kids The World!

Yep, good luck Dave. I did the Pittsburgh half last year and it was a great race. Despite it raining the whole time there was a lot of course support and while I can only speak for the first half of the course it was hard enough to make you earn the medal but not as brutal as some of the courses I've done.

I have been following Dave's updates on Twitter, but wanted to wish him a good run on the DIS too :thumbsup2

Congratulations Dave on raising $1000. Say hi to Pgh for me!! I hope you do well in the marathon.

Wow, thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate the support. Thanks for donating to GKTW, and thanks for the well-wishes for the race. I'm looking forward to running back in my hometown.

Just one clarification - it's not my first marathon, "just" the first one since breaking my leg. It has been a very long time since I've run a full though. I ran the full at Disney in 2007, and then the Marine Corps Marathon later that year. I'm not in near as good as shape as I was back then, but I'm going to take it slow and easy and enjoy myself.

Also, it's not too late to donate if you still want to.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/david-parfitt/pghgktwrun

Thanks again everyone, I can't tell you how much your support means.

Good luck, Dave!

I'll be there cheering my ds on for the half marathon. Are you going to be wearing a GKTW t-shirt? If so, I'll keep an eye out for you to cheer you on from the sidewalks.

Enjoy running through the Burgh neighborhoods!

Good luck, Dave!

I'll be there cheering my ds on for the half marathon. Are you going to be wearing a GKTW t-shirt? If so, I'll keep an eye out for you to cheer you on from the sidewalks.

Enjoy running through the Burgh neighborhoods!
No, I wasn't organized enough to get a GKTW running shirt, but I'll be wearing a bright green W.I.S.H. shirt (probably).

PghMarathon2012Congrats176.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter