• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Good Dining Choices?

ShellyShellfish

Wishing upon a star
We're thinking of possibly going down in October...hopefully there will be FD. It will be myself, DH and DS and DD. We'd be going down a little over a week before DS turns 3 and DD turns 1 - so we're hoping we can maximize our meal choices so the kids can eat for free as well. Here's what I'm thinking for the TS meals:

Chef Mickeys
Spirit of Aloha (did this before and DS loved it)
MK - Crystal Palace (ate here before as well and DS loved it)
Epcot - Askershus
AK - ??? Tusker House maybe? Might not be at the park long enough for a dinner....
HS - ??? Can't decide between 50's Prime Time, Hollywood & Vine or Sci-Fi Drive In

I should say DS is your typical picky 2 year old, and I doubt DD will eat much at 1 year old either, so worst case scenario - they could split a kids meal somewhere, which is totally fine.

So - thoughts? Suggestions? I'm open to ideas. I figured a few character meals would be fun for the kids. :)

On your list, I have been to:
Crystal Palace (dinner): Really enjoyed the buffet, I thought it had a better variety than some other ones I have been to. The characters are very cute, but like many other WDW restaurants it gets very crowded. I liked it very much though and am going for breakfast my next trip.

Akershus (lunch): This is one of my favorite places to eat at WDW! I can't comment on the breakfast or dinner entrees, but have been to lunch twice and loved it. It's a nice mix of having a cold buffet and then a fresh hot entree. The character interaction is also the best of any character buffet I've been to.

Tusker (lunch): Another good buffet, more flavors and spices than others (I think of it as Boma taken down a couple of notches). I'd really like to go for the character breakfast, but my mom liked lunch so much that we're doing lunch again. *If you book your lunch between 1 & 1:40 (I think those are the times), you get priority seating for the Finding Nemo show.*

50's Prime Time (dinner): Thought the theming of this was very cute, we both enjoyed our meals, and the shakes are delicious. I would definitely recommend and would consider going back, but we want to try Sci-Fi next time.

Have fun!

We have been to Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Tusker, 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi....We have also done 1900 Park Fare. I would have to say out of all of those 1900 Park Fare is my favorite. We loved the character interaction there. The step sisters and wicked step mother are so much fun!!! The food there was also good. We also love Crystal Palace. The food is good, the characters are great and I think we like it mostly because it's in Magic Kingdom. Chef Mickey's is another good choice...not my favorite as far as the food goes but your kids will LOVE it- it's a tradition for us! I personally did not care for Tusker House...the food was kind of weird to me. We liked the food at 50's Prime Time and it has a fun atmosphere as well. The food at Sci Fi is ok. But the atmosphere there almost makes up for the mediocre food. Hope this helps...looks like you've made lots of good choices.
I would suggest O'hana if you've not done that for dinner. We love it!

Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, and 50's Prime Time Cafe are all good.

Not sure about the others on your list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter