• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

good choices????? or not so good

josmo

Mouseketeer
let me know what you think.......ressies for a Mom and her 13 yr old Son( who by the way is a picky eater) THANKS for helping me out :)

sept16 chef mickeys 5pm MK
17th teppan edo 710 pm EP
18th ohana 505pm EP
19th cyrstal palace 435pm MK
20 primetime 530 pm HS
21 liberty tree tavern 515pm MNSSHP
22 tusker house 515 pm AK
23 cape may cafe 515 pm HS
24th beirgarten 630pm EP

im going to be in the world the same exact days as you, and many of the same parks on the days you have planned! too funny haha!

i think the reservations that youve made sound good! ive yet to eat at ohana, but i will be there on the 18th as well and am really looking forward to it! from what ive read it seems like your son would enjoy it. from past experiances chef mickey, crystal palace, and liberty tree tavern have also been good meals. the atmoshperes are fun too! i think he will enjoy those places.

These look great! Remember that Biergarten is family style seating so you will be placed at an 8-top with other families. Enjoy MNSSHP!!!!

thanks for the replies. Some of the restaurants we ate at last yr but some not .the ones i am concerned about are beirgarten and teppan edo.....hopefully there is something on the menu my son will like at beirgarten.....but oh well he can always get a snack later on :)

We really love Biergarten. Some of my DDs favorites are the mini frankfurters on a pretzel roll, roast chicken and chicken schnitzel (pretty much like a breaded chicken cutlet)

let me know what you think.......ressies for a Mom and her 13 yr old Son( who by the way is a picky eater) THANKS for helping me out :)

sept16 chef mickeys 5pm MK
17th teppan edo 710 pm EP
18th ohana 505pm EP
19th cyrstal palace 435pm MK
20 primetime 530 pm HS
21 liberty tree tavern 515pm MNSSHP
22 tusker house 515 pm AK
23 cape may cafe 515 pm HS
24th beirgarten 630pm EP

I'll be there during many of the same dates - yeah!!!
Anyway, I've been to a few of the restaurants you list so here is my take on the restaurants I've eaten at:

Chef Mickey's for Dinner - I did not like this and won't go back (sorry! I know there is a big following for this place!). I thought the food was below average, the restaurant was chaotic and messy, and the character interaction was only ok. My kids LOVED this place however (they were 5 & 6 at the time) but my husband and I didn't.

Ohanas - My family loved this restaurant. We felt the food was really good (and I didn't think I would go bananas :banana::banana: for the dessert, but wow, it was terrific!) and we liked the games and entertainment they had for the kids (and us!) We did not have the most attentive server but we just made sure to ask for what we needed and he saw to it. We're going back here the same night you are but at 6:25pm :)

50s Prime Time - LOVE this place! I loved the food (fried chicken!!) and the interaction with the server. I could not get over how cool the theming was with all the 50s decor and my whole family had a good time here.

Cape May Buffet - We had an ok meal here. Some of it was good and some of it was not so great. I felt that the seafood was a little tough and dry and while the soups & desserts were good, I wasn't impressed with the main dishes.

I can't tell you about the other places because I've never eaten there but we are trying out Biergarten ourselves this September!

I'll be there during many of the same dates - yeah!!!
Anyway, I've been to a few of the restaurants you list so here is my take on the restaurants I've eaten at:

Chef Mickey's for Dinner - I did not like this and won't go back (sorry! I know there is a big following for this place!). I thought the food was below average, the restaurant was chaotic and messy, and the character interaction was only ok. My kids LOVED this place however (they were 5 & 6 at the time) but my husband and I didn't.

Ohanas - My family loved this restaurant. We felt the food was really good (and I didn't think I would go bananas :banana::banana: for the dessert, but wow, it was terrific!) and we liked the games and entertainment they had for the kids (and us!) We did not have the most attentive server but we just made sure to ask for what we needed and he saw to it. We're going back here the same night you are but at 6:25pm :)

50s Prime Time - LOVE this place! I loved the food (fried chicken!!) and the interaction with the server. I could not get over how cool the theming was with all the 50s decor and my whole family had a good time here.

Cape May Buffet - We had an ok meal here. Some of it was good and some of it was not so great. I felt that the seafood was a little tough and dry and while the soups & desserts were good, I wasn't impressed with the main dishes.

I can't tell you about the other places because I've never eaten there but we are trying out Biergarten ourselves this September!

I am a little concerned with chef Mickeys -had one for last sept and ended up cancelling but hoping that having a 505 ressie when the place just opens will cut down on the messiness?

did Cape May last Sept---wasnt all that impressed but it seems that there has been some really great reviews lately...so my fingers are crossed

Glad to hear that of Prime time--first time and looking for a fun atmosphere :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter