• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good (cheap) Video Camera?

TreysMomma

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping someone in here can help me with this... I basically am looking for a cheap, yet decent video camera that I can use pretty much for making a video of clips after our trip. For YouTube or something to share with others online. I just don't want to go overboard on a camera I won't use much...

If your looking for something that is easy to use and in the $100-$150 range I would look at something like the Kodak Playsport of Flip cameras. Here is a link to Amazon's top selling HD cameras. Also if you look around you may be able to find a not HE versions for a cheaper price.

If you also like to shoot photos you also may want to look into a new point and shoot camera that also shoots HD camera.

Thanks so much! I'll look around that link for some more info!

BTW....I see we both leave the same day! YAH :)

Thanks so much! I'll look around that link for some more info!

For the money i would just get a point and shoot camera. If you are just wanting stuff on youtube or even to show on your home tv, you dont even need hd. Unless you are burning to bluray or showing directly from the camera, or on a pc monitor, you wont see the hd. If you are making movie dvds to watch or send to grandma, youre stuck in 640x480.

Get a point and shoot camera and some big memory cards, like 16gb. If you buy one of those handheld camcorder things, it might encode in avchd, which is a pain to work with. A point/shoot camera usually writes in either avi or quicktime (mp4), which just about every PC will read and play without special software.
Plus - you can get a point and shoot that uses AA batteries, which you can find everywhere. Get one with a rechargeable pack - and it could go dead by lunch. At least buy a spare battery pack.

:thumbsup2 and it looks like your staying around the Boardwalk also. Maybe, we will even cross paths their and not even know it. :rotfl2:

I agree with most of what Theosus said in his post. I think that a p&s camera is the way to go. If you already have one it may do what you need it to do. If your budget is in the $100 range than one that shoots standard definition is the way to go. If you are able to go $150+ than I would get one that shoots at least 720P video. You may not need it now, and don't need to even use it if you do, but it is a nice option to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter