Golf course at OKW???

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
Has anybody played golf at the Lake Buena Vista course? If so, is it a nice course? Dad will be playing there and wants to know if it's hard. He doesn't want it to be too hard.

Also, does anybody know how you can get a discount to play golf beside joining the DVC Golf program???? We're not going more than 1x a year so this doesn't pay for us. I've been trying to find coupons for golf but I can't find any. I also belong to the Disney Club (not to be confused with the DVC club) and was hoping they would also offer coupons. Does anybody have any info on this????

Well, I've never actually PLAYED there, but we did a whole lot of watching from our porch on our Feb. trip, and most of the golfers are pretty bad. ;)

We spoke with a guy who played it regularly, and he said it was fine if you didn't mind a narrow course.

The LBV course is a great course for the average golfer...if you are a scratch golfer, you may find it a bit less challenging then the others....I am what you would call average, and love the fact that the course is just short enough to allow me to make some shots...it is also well shaded for real hot days....however the beer cart simply does not comne around enough..LOL...and it gets a bit tiresome paying $30 for a six pack!!....by the way, we are brand new members at VWL...first trip as members in august.....hit em straight!!!

My husband played there last year. If I remember correctly, you do get a 10% discount with the Disney Club and there are twilight specials. I think the tee time has to be after 2:00 pm.

Hi. we just returned from 9 days at OKW, and had a blast. My husband played LBV while we were there. He is a very average player and really liked LBV. We had a great view of it from the condo and it was beautiful. While we there we heard from some other golfers that there is a website that list's internet rates. I don't know the site, maybe another member does? But, he said if you inquire about the internet rate, they will give it to you. Last week it was $30. My husband payed more, and the two guys he was golfing with payed the internet rate. Don't know if it will work for you, but I hope so.

shelly

I played the Osprey Ridge course and Palm course last week. While the courses are designed for professional play they do a nice job of providing different tee placements which lower the difficulty. I played the 3rd set of tees and my partners played the 2nd set of tees and we managed to get around the course without any trouble (minus a couple of white spherical objects).

I think the 1st set of tees can be easily played by high handicappers. The rangers can help guide your decisions as to which tee to play. The descriptions of the course had me concerned also, but I shot my usual score.

I would highly recommend playing Osprey Ridge. I believe it is the newest course and it had comfort stations about every third hole (ice machines and water fountains). It also had a lot of shade around the tee boxes.

The Palm is a much older course and there was very little shade. I don't remember any comfort stations. I do remember the constant roar of the stock cars from the nearby racetrack (vroooom).

The staff was very attentive and very organized at both courses. Cheers.

Troy

WDW Golf

Here's a link to golfing info from the Disney site. Not sure that these are special Internet rates. You can also find info about tee times and the courses themselves.

Figaro,
Try this link for Disney Golf rates and information. www.disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltd.../golfrategroupingindex?id=SAGolfRateGroupingI think the rate for resort guests after 10 AM at the LBV course is $45. It is referred to as the "price slice" in this link. All the courses are nice, but Osprey is the nicest and well worth the visit. None of the courses at WDW are "killer tough" as long as you play the right tees. Have a great time. If the above link doesn't work just go to www.golf.disneyworld.com and look for rate info.
Steve in Iowa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter