Golden Path to Yosemite

luvdisney24

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done this ABD? I would love to hear about your experience.

Is anyone doing this ABD this coming summer?

Has anyone done this ABD? I would love to hear about your experience.

Is anyone doing this ABD this coming summer?

There were one or two people on the board last year who took the Yosemite trip, but I haven't seen them post lately. There are at least three of us regular posters who are taking the Tauck Bridges Yosemite trip this summer. We all looked for some feedback on both the ABD and Tauck trips and had trouble finding any. If you do a search you will probably find some of the posts from last year, but there weren't many. I think those of us who chose Tauck this year did so mainly because we preferred the itinerary. The ABD trip looks great too though and it was hard not to go with ABD when we know how great the trips are.

went last August
Can you do this trip on your own and for a lot less? Yes. Will it be the same trip. No.

As others have noted, you pay for the added benefits of guides making down time like on the bus fun, kids sharing the experiences with other kids and probably learning from the guides when they tune out parents, avoiding the arguments with the spouse over the roadmap, the luggage, where to eat etc., not worrying about contingency plans for the unexpected like the forest fire and rock slide we had.

I suspect these benefits are particularly true for adventures involving language barriers and currency conversions, but still its definitely worth it if you can afford.

Mostly east coasters on this trip which the guides say it typical. East Coast trips draw westerners.

Squaw Creek hotel is spectacular BTW.

SayHello's trip combining the DCL and ABD seems the ultimate best of all worlds but what I don't understand is why when the DCL and Disney parks are offering all kinds of discounts, ABD really doesn't.

went last August
Can you do this trip on your own and for a lot less? Yes. Will it be the same trip. No.

As others have noted, you pay for the added benefits of guides making down time like on the bus fun, kids sharing the experiences with other kids and probably learning from the guides when they tune out parents, avoiding the arguments with the spouse over the roadmap, the luggage, where to eat etc., not worrying about contingency plans for the unexpected like the forest fire and rock slide we had.

I suspect these benefits are particularly true for adventures involving language barriers and currency conversions, but still its definitely worth it if you can afford.

Mostly east coasters on this trip which the guides say it typical. East Coast trips draw westerners.

Squaw Creek hotel is spectacular BTW.

SayHello's trip combining the DCL and ABD seems the ultimate best of all worlds but what I don't understand is why when the DCL and Disney parks are offering all kinds of discounts, ABD really doesn't.
I agree! :yay: I really think this ABD/DCL trip is going to be fabulous! I can't wait to go & then tell you guys all about it! But I also agree -- WHY doesn't ABD offer discounts? Especially to repeat travellers? It really doesn't make sense!

I really do need to go back to Yosemite. It's been way too long. This trip is definitely on my radar!

Sayhello

All the ABD's look appealing but IMHO the 2 that stand out are that Med DCL combo and Yosemite. Like 20 way tie for after that.

Because of this discount disconnect at Disney, we did a DCL/WDW/AKL vacation this year again instead of another ABD for labout half the cost. Nothing wrong with the parks or the Carribean cruise but its almost the opposite of the intimate ABD group experience and after ABD .... well you know....

Maybe should have stayed home and saved up for that DCL/ABD but who knows if it will be offered again. That one is like turbo level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter