Gold Scooter Rental and transport

KK505

Earning My Ears
After reviewing recommendations I’m hoping to rent from Gold for a week in Sept for my mom. She is ambulatory but walking long distances/full day will be a challenge. We will be renting a mini van and staying offsite (not too far—Wyndham bonnet creek) and plan to park hop. I’m wondering if the pride three wheel victory 10 will break down and fit in back of mini van? The Gold website says “most SUVs and vans” but don’t want to assume they mean mini vans. Anyone have advice on which scooter that can accommodate park hopping for a full day but fit in back of mini van? TIA!

How many people in your party?

If you can fold down the back row, you can fit it in without disassembling it. You will likely even be able to keep the seat on, just fold down the seat and tiller. We had a Dodge Caravan and fit two 3 wheel victory 10s in this way. We didn't even take the baskets off.

If you can't fold the back row down, you will likely need to disassemble, but if you are only using one, you likely will be able to fit it with no problem, just let Gold you will need one that can be disassembled and would like them to provide instructions on how to do so when dropping it off, as there are a couple of tricks with the victory 10.

Disassembled, the victory 10 can fit in the trunk of most vehicles, but you would need to find somewhere for the captains chair in a sedan. We fit a victory 10 in the back of a Ford CMAX or Hyundai Kona with a captains chair (in fact one purchased from Gold Mobility with the same upgrades they normally do). In this case, we do need to remove the basket and captains chair, but there is enough room in the back with the back seats folded down without completely disassembling it.

If you call Gold Mobility, they will also be more than happy to help you figure out what vehicle can work best for your situation.

How many people in your party?

If you can fold down the back row, you can fit it in without disassembling it. You will likely even be able to keep the seat on, just fold down the seat and tiller. We had a Dodge Caravan and fit two 3 wheel victory 10s in this way. We didn't even take the baskets off.

If you can't fold the back row down, you will likely need to disassemble, but if you are only using one, you likely will be able to fit it with no problem, just let Gold you will need one that can be disassembled and would like them to provide instructions on how to do so when dropping it off, as there are a couple of tricks with the victory 10.

Disassembled, the victory 10 can fit in the trunk of most vehicles, but you would need to find somewhere for the captains chair in a sedan. We fit a victory 10 in the back of a Ford CMAX or Hyundai Kona with a captains chair (in fact one purchased from Gold Mobility with the same upgrades they normally do). In this case, we do need to remove the basket and captains chair, but there is enough room in the back with the back seats folded down without completely disassembling it.

If you call Gold Mobility, they will also be more than happy to help you figure out what vehicle can work best for your situation.

thank you. We will have a mini van full so it would need to fit in the back area without seats folded down. Good idea to just call Gold directly—duh! Haha. Thanks 😊

thank you. We will have a mini van full so it would need to fit in the back area without seats folded down. Good idea to just call Gold directly—duh! Haha. Thanks 😊
Yeah, then you will want one that breaks down. You may want to ask them to also bring a long a standard seat as well as the captains chair. The captains chair will be far more comfortable, but not sure if you can make it fit with a full minivan. I would politely ask if they can go with you to the minivan to make sure it can all fit. They will take good care of you.

They are really nice and can help you figure it out. I've rented from them 5 times in the past. If you haven't called yet, you can ask to speak with Nick. He's the one that I always talk to. Just explain your concerns to him and he will definitely be able to help you out with this. They do have a video on their website so it can show you how big the seat is.

They are really nice and can help you figure it out. I've rented from them 5 times in the past. If you haven't called yet, you can ask to speak with Nick. He's the one that I always talk to. Just explain your concerns to him and he will definitely be able to help you out with this. They do have a video on their website so it can show you how big the seat is.
Sadly Nick, while great, has moved on to work elsewhere to pursue his dreams, but Vick (the big boss), Gavin I think his name was and Keith are all great, haven't worked with many others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter