GOLD Passes but going during blackout...can't upgrade or book fastpasses

nezy

DIS Veteran
Wondering if anyone has encountered this problem.
I have Platinum pass but my 3 children have Gold(ie blackout times). We will be traveling to WDW during a blackout time (Easter 2018). In order for my children to use their passes they would have to upgrade in person. They are all 18 or over, live in my household. They will not be in WDW until that time so they cannot upgrade prior to our visit end of March. I will be in WDW in February, but I cannot upgrade for them. It must be in person with ID.
I cannot get the free DVC upgrade to platinum as the passes have been used and it must be done in person. When that is done we will have to pay the difference at that time. In addition when the fastpass booking opens up because their passes are technically not valid during our visit I cannot book their fastpasses. I was told by DVC memeber services that passholder services or guest services should be able to upgrade my passes over the phone. But that was not what the ap guest services told me. The only thing they suggested that I do was to book my fastpasses,pay to upgrade my children's passes, and they would try to help me out with adjusting any fastpasses for my children to match mine.

This is so frustrating...has anyone else had this upgrade issue?
Any suggestions?

I was thinking of doing that. So if I did that I would prioritize the tickets on MDE for my children,book fastpasses, then after I upgrade the tickets I could prioritize the formerly GOLD upgraded passes...correct? I already have a 5 day in reserve that I could use for one of them. I really have to see the costs of upgrading after the special is over.

Call the main ticketing number and see if they can get someone on the line to help. There are people with superpowers hidden in the back of the bunker where that operation is run that can do the upgrade. The trick is getting to one of them. It may take a few attempts so patience (and the force) will be your ally.

Yes. It is what it is. An activated annual pass cannot be upgraded over the phone.

If you’ll travel again in the future, you could purchase a regular ticket and use that to book fastpasses, and then save it for a future trip.
If she did this, would the FPs transfer to the APs when they are prioritized?

If she did this, would the FPs transfer to the APs when they are prioritized?

They're not linked in that manner. The FPs are attached to your MDE account. You can book them as long as you have corresponding ticket entitlements attached to MDE.

Is it definite that the system checks AP blackouts against the days being reserved for FP's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter