• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gold Mobility Scooter reviews

DRUMZ2B

DIS Veteran
Hello, We have an upcoming trip in October. I am going to be renting 2 scooters for my parents. I was hoping for some reviews from folks who may have used Gold Mobility Scooters in the past or present.

Any thoughts?
Thank You

People here think DH and I are sponsored by them because we recommend them so much and so highly, but honestly we aren't, here is why we like them:
  • First off service is far above and beyond that of any other rental company we have used. For example, if there was an issue that required them to come out (and there hasn't been), they would come to us in the parks rather than having to get to the park entrance, which we did have to do with another rental company.
  • They meet you at your hotel as you are getting off of magical express or at a time of your choosing and just before you get on magical express or at a time of your choosing for drop off and pickup
    • Many other companies give a 2-4 hour window of time or tell you when they will drop off and if that doesn't work, they drop off the next day.
  • They replace their equipment every 6 months, which means batteries are always in great condition, charge each night and you will easily make it through the day.
    • We have used others before Gold Mobility and some of them barely lasted four hours
  • They have fans, cup holders, cell phone charge ports and a free accessory of your choice on most scooter models
  • They guarantee the model you rent will be available when you check in
    • This may not be as much of an issue right now, but I know on our last trip, just after they changed to Scooter Bug being the only preferred vendor for Disney a lot of the companies, especially Scooterbug didn't arrive on time and were out of stock of the scooter people requested.
  • They provide free ponchos and a cover for the tiller so you can still use it in the rain
But above all is the level of customer service they provide is unrivaled by ANY company I have done business with, not just scooter rental companies. They truly go above and beyond to ensure you have a good trip. One thing to note right now with COVID though is their drop off and pick up hours are 7 AM to 7 PM, so if you are outside those hours you may need to call them to work something out.

In short Gold Mobility is the only scooter rental company we will use when in the Orlando area.

If you look at any review site, Yelp, FB, Google, etc. you will see they are all 5 star reviews, normally this is a red flag to me that some must be fake, but they really aren't, they are quite genuine and that is because they really do have customer service down, even if there is an issue they take care of it. For us the only issue we really had was one scooter that died when going up a steep hill and they told us how to fix it via text by resetting it and it worked fine after that, they responded within minutes of me asking, so honestly I cannot attest to how quickly they can be inside the parks if you have an issue, but I know they say they try to respond quickly, but since they replace their equipment so often a problem is highly unlikely.

Last edited:
You are welcome, we are going the last couple weeks of next month and have two scooters reserved with them.

Oh, that is another point to make, if you call them you don't hve to pay until delivery or you can book online, either way is the same price and they have free cancellations.

I’ve used gold mobility twice now for my mom. I picked them because of the reviews about battery life, and I was not disappointed. One night I forgot to plug the scooter in, it lasted almost two whole days. Both times they have been there waiting for us when we arrived. My mom was nervous about the scooter the first time. They took the time to teach her how to use it and make sure she was comfortable before they left. We were very happy with them and will be using them on our next trip as well.

Just one word of caution, if you use Gold Mobility you will want all companies to provide their level of customer service....LOL

Seriously, they are that good.

Have used them twice for my Mom and they are by far the best of any of the companies we have tried previously. I recommend them very highly. When I ask others in the park if they also liked Gold Mobility, they all agree with them being the best. I wish they would come out to Disneyland as they are far better than anyone we have tried there!

Have used them twice for my Mom and they are by far the best of any of the companies we have tried previously. I recommend them very highly. When I ask others in the park if they also liked Gold Mobility, they all agree with them being the best. I wish they would come out to Disneyland as they are far better than anyone we have tried there!
I agree, but I have managed to come close at Disneyland with Moving Mobility, https://movingmobilityamerica.com/

Please note all of their scooters are very bright green, some may not like it, but it makes it easy to find your scooter in a crowd of them.

They aren't replaced as often, but still in good condition and they take care of you if there is an issue. They also have agreements with several hotels that they can drop off at even if you aren't staying there or they can drop off at your home. Again I want to be clear, they aren't the same level as Gold Mobility, but they are the closest I can find out here.

Interestingly the person that runs this company is named Vick and one of the main people at Gold Mobility is also named Vick.

Just one word of caution, if you use Gold Mobility you will want all companies to provide their level of customer service....LOL

Seriously, they are that good.
Do they do short stay 3 day rentals. Their website only quotes a weekly rate.

Do they do short stay 3 day rentals. Their website only quotes a weekly rate.
I believe they now have some options, give them a call and ask. But for what it is worth their weekly rate has generally been cheaper than 3 days with anyone else, but things are all out of whack right now. But definitely call and see what you can work out.

You are welcome, we are going the last couple weeks of next month and have two scooters reserved with them.

Oh, that is another point to make, if you call them you don't hve to pay until delivery or you can book online, either way is the same price and they have free cancellations.
Thanks for the review. I actually just cancelled the Scooterbug rental because of your remarks which I never do. Gold is very flexible with their delivery and pickup times. The issue I have with Scooterbug is they have a speed limiter set at 2.4 MPH which is pretty slow. I found this out when one of their phone reps told me about the speed limiter after I complained about the reduced speed when I rented from them last February. Evidently they are required by contract with Disney to have a low speed. Also they have a discount I found if you type YELP in their coupon code box that still works.. Thanks again!

Thanks for the review. I actually just cancelled the Scooterbug rental because of your remarks which I never do. Gold is very flexible with their delivery and pickup times. The issue I have with Scooterbug is they have a speed limiter set at 2.4 MPH which is pretty slow. I found this out when one of their phone reps told me about the speed limiter after I complained about the reduced speed when I rented from them last February. Evidently they are required by contract with Disney to have a low speed. Also they have a discount I found if you type YELP in their coupon code box that still works.. Thanks again!
You are welcome, they are definitely flexible, they meet on your schedule, not theirs and they do not limit their speed.

This has been a helpful thread. We are going to be renting a scooter for my mom for the first time in October, so this is all new to me. Are Gold Mobility’s scooters easy to use? My mom is a good driver, so I’m sure she’ll pick it up quickly.

I find them very easy to use, the standard ones are the Pride Victory 10/10.1, the heavy duty are the Maxima and the portable are the GoGo Sport if that helps any.

I have an 8 day reservation with them stating next Sat. I look forward to seeing their customer service in action.

I have an 8 day reservation with them stating next Sat. I look forward to seeing their customer service in action.
We arrive really late Friday night, so meeting then Saturday morning too. We are at BLT through the 1st.

I find them very easy to use, the standard ones are the Pride Victory 10/10.1, the heavy duty are the Maxima and the portable are the GoGo Sport if that helps any.

Which one do you recommend? I see they have three and four wheel ones. Which is easier to maneuver, in your opinion?

I prefer the three wheel, they turn tighter corners and if you need to out them ina vehicle are a bit lighter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter