• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going With The Flow - Day 7 - 27th July 2009

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
Just had a lovely sleep, then thought I would ring my Mam and Dad up.

Bevś Holiday Tip No 7

If using the hotel's internet remember to connect to it before trying to Skype otherwise there is no way you are going to connect.

It took a few goes using Skype till I realised I hadn't connected to the internet, doh! I had a lovely chat with my Mam, everyone is fine back at home. I was hoping no one had swine flu as the Daily Mail we get each day from the hotel keeps saying loads of people have it. I didn't get chance to speak to my Dad as he was dealing with the alarm man as the garage alarm had gone off in the middle of the night and didn't stop, a nightmare.

So Hi Dad, love you lots, shame we didn't get to chat but you know what we have been doing .

We heard the family dog, Ben, barking at the alarm man all the way over here. I said someone will think we have a dog in the room.

Anyway time for the secret vote, choices today are Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Universal, Islands and Sea World.

Epcot 1, Epcot 1, Epcot 1, Universal so Epcot it is, Soarin here I come.:goodvibes

Thanks, just waiting for Gary to get ready. Everyoneś on his case to get him moving, he has just been in the shower for ages but we really need to get going to get to Epcot before opening hours but we are still feeling chilled.

Have a fab time in Epcot! Looking forward to reading all about it later.

Bet you are having a brill time in Epcot cant wait to read more l8r x x x x

Thanks, we did have a fun time.

We arrived at the park for the rope drop, then with everyone else we surged forwards to Soarin, Ian picked up some fast passes and we then rode the ride. I love this ride with all its smells, managed to spot 2 hidden mickeys, but later Craig found out there were about 5 I think.

We walked back through the park to Test Track and did a single rider, normal ride showing a 30 minute wait, single rider 10 minutes. Craig sat behind me. As per usual it was great fun.

We picked up some fast passes for Mission to Mars, then walked back to Soarin. We used our fast pass and had another fantastic ride before popping into Seasons for lunch.

At lunch we had sushi, strawberry shortbread, key lime pie and chocolate chip muffin. We then did Living With The Land which is always interesting before heading over to Mission to Mars.

We did the less intense ride, and even then I felt a bit funny a couple of times on it with just having eaten, I dread to think what the intense ride is like. Perhaps one day I will chance it, just don't want to feel ill for the rest of the day. In any case Ian is quite happy to go on the less intense one but will not go on the intense one with suffering from motion sickness.

We voted to leave the park then and nip to the Florida Mall. I was looking for the Kingdom Keepers book but the bookstore I went in didn't have it, not to worry.

On the way back to the hotel we grabbed a subway, some petrol and some air for the tyres as one was showing low pressure.

We are now changed ready to go out and ready if it rains being in wet gear and leaving all electronics in the room.

Now for a bit of fun, today we went to Seasons for lunch, I have a small prize to send to someone for being the first one to guess the answer to my question.

The rules are you must have a UK address, have one guess and use the personal message to send me your answer.

Today at lunch we popped to Seasons which do you think I had?

Did I have sushi?

Did I have key lime pie?

Did I have strawberry shortbread?

Did I have chocolate chip muffin?

Anyway off to Universal now, cya later.

Sounds like a fun day. I loved Soarin (it was the first time we went on it in December) I am looking forward to going on it again.

You went back to the Mall & didn't buy a charm???? :confused3 :faint: I am disappointed in you Bev! ;) :lmao:

LOL. Love the mini quiz. :thumbsup2 My guess is on it's way. Have fun in Universal. :)

Well, they did have the Kingdom Keepers books in Virgin Megastore in DTD, but somehow dont think you will get em there now :rolleyes1

Claire, who said I didn't buy a charm;), I bought the onyx (or black bead) with scalloped edges round the top. I was after the black pearl one but they didn't have it.

We walked back to Universal, without sunglasses as we thought we didn't need them, but it was blazing obvious by the time we got there we did. We have been wearing them all holidays but by the time we got back to the hotel it was a bit overcast so we thought we would give them a miss. We really regretted it.

Universal was busy, but thanks to FOTL, the lines were not a problem, we just did ET, MiB and Jaws. A little grannie sat next to Ian in MiB and kept saying 'woo woo'as she zapped the aliens, then at the end seeing Ianś score she asked if he was a shooter! As Ian hastily denied that she then asked if he had played on video games, which again he denied. He didn't say we have been on the ride so many times we know what the best targets are..

We walked across to Islands and 3 of us, Craig didn't want to get wet dived on Popeyeś Bilge Boat Rapids for a cool down. we were straight on, I would hate to have to wait in the long 45 minute line.

Bev's Tip No 7

If riding on Popeye's Bilge Boat Rapids do not wear denims, you will get wet, this park isn't Disney it isn't bothered if you are going to feel uncomfortable all day.

We had 2 goes on Popeye, the latter ride saw a couple go on in denim jeans and you could tell they were not happy when they came on. The last time we were on a lass had left her mobile phone in her pocket, not to be recommended. As many of you know this ride leaves everyone soaked to the skin but is great fun.

Next we went to the bridge near Dudley Do Right and watched Gary and Craig squirt unsuspecting riders with water jets. They just love doing this and it is quite funny to watch both the riders and the lads as they choose their victims.

Craig wanted to do Dr Doom's next so we did that a couple of times. I tried not to scream but again didn't succeed. We then left the park to go back to the hotel.

After a quick change and a quick vote we decided to go back to Epcot to catch a U2 tribute band (2U) and the fireworks. Both me and gary were feeling a bit hungry so the walk round to the theatre was a bit tiring as it was the furthest point virtually from the entrance. The band was ok but the fireworks were really good again.

On the way home we picked up another burrito from Chipolte which is one of our favourite, if not my favourite fast food outlets. We are now back in the room relaxing before bed, all feeling a bit tired because we have been on the go all day. I think a pool break is called for tomorrow.

Yay! I knew you wouldn't let me down on the charm front. :woohoo: I like that black onyx one too. :thumbsup2

Wow wow wow - what a busy day you had! Epcot, Florida Mall, US, IOA & Epcot again! :faint:

Hope you get to relax a little today. :)

Another great day Bev. I love Soarin' too, I like the part with the surfers, and I just want to dip my toes in the ocean :rotfl2:

My guess is on its way too :)

I'll catch you later to find out what the secret vote reveals

Thanks for reading, I am going to post some new photos up now, I was too tired last night to do it after our busy day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter