Going With The Flow - Day 14 - 3rd August 2009

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
Morning/Afternoon

Ian got up just after 6 am, I couldn't open my eyes so pretended to be still asleep till I could open them. Just had a bath now updating this before I get dressed and we all head over to Downtown Orlando for check in. I am surprisingly chilled at the moment probably because my packing is done but I will have to start moving soon.

I think the plan is to check in, then go to the Earl of Sandwich for breakfast. I dont know which park we are going in yet. We are due to fly at 6.15 pm tonight (11.15 pm back at home) but I have not checked to see if the plane is on time yet.

Anyway better go and get dressed now.

Enjoy your last day Bev.

Thanks for all your updates, it's been lots of fun finding out what you've been up to each day

Have a safe journey home :)

Enjoy your last day and have a great flight :thumbsup2

Thanks for letting us all share your trip. Have a fab last day & a safe journey home. :)

Bev,
I'm going to miss following your vacation comings and goings. Thanks for taking precious FL time to keep us updated. Have a safe trip home. Susan

Thanks for reading.

We checked in at Downtown Disney quite quickly and then went off to Earl of Sandwich for some breakfast which was yummy. We had a little browse round Downtown Disney. Me and Craig fancied going up in the hot air balloon that is there but the other 2 didn't so perhaps another time.

As it was now after 9 we just headed back to Universal/Islands as it would have been pointless trying to do stuff in the other parks. We went in Islands first doing The Hulk. I felt a bit battered on this one, followed by Dr Doom. A woman was screaming on the opposite tower and had her eyes tightly closed which made all of us laugh, I know how she feels. We then just did Duelling Dragons which I love.

We walked across to Universal for a quick go on Twister and The Mummy, then it was time to make tracks which is when Gary usually tells us there is something he has to do. So we went off into the Universal Store and a Citywalk store before we could leave. We decided to leave roughly an hour before the car was due back which Gary thought was a bit early but turned out we dropped it off with 5 minutes to spare. I know they are not strict on the time but it just shows you how much time was allowed to exit Universal, walk to the hotel then drive to the airport.

At the airport we grabbed some lunch, didn't really enjoy it but it was filling. We then had a wander round the shops before crossing to the gates. Now just sitting waiting for boarding, it has flown by the time in the airport.k

The plane home is Virginia Plain which I think we have been on before. I am just going to sleep as much as I can so I can reduce any jet lag affects.

(See you tomorrow Mam and Dad x)

thanks for sharing your great holiday with us, have a safe journey home :)

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. I hope you had a safe flight home. :)

Thanks for sharing with us Bev, have looked forward to reading your trip 'live' every day :thumbsup2

I hope you have arrived home safely this morning. :)

Thanks, I am glad you have enjoyed sharing a bit of our holiday with us.

Flight home was fine, had a glass of wine, meal (pasta tomato and cheese and chocolate cake) plus another glass of wine. It was quite turbulent at the back as we know from a previous trip. As soon as the meal was over I tried to sleep as much as I could. Ian watched his ipod as did the lads. Though I think Craig and Gary both watched 17 Again. There were about 12 choices of films but none that they wanted to watch.

The flight took off a bit late as there was a thunderstorm, I didn't fancy flying into it. We had a shorter flight path so arrived in Manchester early. Immigration was straight forward, luggage came quickly (probably because we were last off the flight) and then just picked the keys up at the Radisson. Amazingly every thing fitted in the boot, I thought it would be a struggle.

The worse bit was the 2 hour drive back from Manchester, not pleasant for Ian who was driving.

We came home to a telephone message from Virgin saying we had left (or I should say I had left) my credit cards on the plane.:scared1: They had them safe. I had been carrying my 2 sets of cards for Ian and Me, I had left them in my purse in my pocket but they must have slipped out. Virgin wanted us to go back and collect them from them. In the end we just decided to cancel them and get Virgin to destroy them as they are credit cards we only use for holidays. So have a new set coming out.

So Bev's Holiday Tip No 9

Has to be check you have all your valuables with you before exiting the plane.

Not something I have ever done before but there you go, even if you are one of the most cautious people it can still happen. Ian was fine, I think it helped that I was okay when he lost the APs for US and IOA.

Anyway, we were not going to go to sleep but all of us ended up sitting still and have ended up having naps. I am going to do the unpacking and that's it for another year.

I always feel sad at the end of a holiday as I love all the family being together but we have had a lovely holiday and I am now looking forward to reading all about yours.

Welcome home Bev. Thanks for sharing your trippy with us, I have really enjoyed reading them each day ::yes::

Glad you got home safely, and thank goodness Virgin found your credit cards :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter