Going With The Flow - Day 11 - 31st July 2009

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
A bit of an earlier wake up for me as Ian decided to get up at 6 am, not good.

The space shuttle is landing back in KSC today.

According to the news this morning the monorail driver, Austin, death was caused by a computer error.

The most annoying advert on Orlando tv at the moment Bob Dance where everybody rides.

Off to Sea World this morning as we all want another go on the Manta.

Is Sea World scheduled for your October visit Nat? Your kids may like it.

We have just had an enjoyable time at Sea World, doing the Manta again once and The Kraken twice, excellent rollercoasters.

We saw loads of animals, gators, rays, turtles, seals, whales, dolphins. I was a bit annoyed at the dolphins as I thought we may feed them but was told every member of your party going in the line had to pay $7 each. This seemed a bit too commercial for me, years ago this area wasnt separate. Out of principle I declined to be taken advantage off and instead Gary fed the seals. Sometimes Sea World just seem to be a bit too cheeky.

We had lunch at the deli. Me and Craig opting for turkey sandwiches and Gary a huge beef stew. Ian wasn t hungry so opted for a huge slab of carrot cake instead.:confused3

As we left the park it started to rain, and then rain heavily. We are off to a mall for a while.

Sea World is good for being patriotic and displaying the countryś flag and anthem. It also lets service men in for free. I wish our country could be as patriotic instead of being scared of offending other faiths or nationalities. It does my box in.

I wonder when they changed feeding the dolphins! It used to ge about 3 or 5 $ a cup with 3 fish in. I would be miffed at everyone paying $7!

yep , i'm with ya on the patriotic thing, we let ourselves down big time.

we love sea world, but won't pay extra for stuff

We did the dolphin feeding last year and got one box between 3 of us - that's really bad to get everyone to pay, especially at that price! Sounds like you had fun though! :)

I couldn't agree more it is lovely the way they appreciate their service men & women, I love it when they get them to stand at the beginning of the Shamu show. :) We are just weak & pathetic & too afraid to upset everyone else that sponges off our country. :mad:....Sorry, rant over. :rolleyes1

I didn't feed the dolphins last time we went because of that either. I always feed the sealions though, I love them! :love:

Hi Bev,Sounded like a great day was had by all at Seaworld :thumbsup2.
I must admit we did pay the $7 each for the 4 of us to feed the Dolphins as it was something my girls really wanted to do(and so did i again).Even though it cost $28 i found it to be much better-as in you actually get a chance to be up close to feeding them,not like before-a free for all in my eyes and it was only luck if they came to you.We also got some fantastic pictures.x.

Oh I agree with you Michelle, to do it because your kids really want to do it. We have done it in the past. Its just over the yearś more and more things in Sea World that you could do for free have had money making things put by them. At Shamu you could see them swimming in the water but now you have to do Dine with Shamu, it is the same with the sharks, the Shark Grill used to be a big room where you could view the sharks but now it is a restaurant. I love Sea World it just feels they are trying to squeeze more and more money from you. I would certainly go and feed the dolphins once.:goodvibes

The dolphin feeding area changed quite a few yearś ago and we have not bothered with it. Originally you could buy your fish and pick a spot and the dolphins would come up to you. The whole area was available for people to view the dolphins but then they introduced the special feeding area and sectioned the area off. It has been a long time since we have fed them so I suggested doing that today, we could have done it, it was just the principle of charging everyone whether or not they wanted to feed the dolphins or not which I didn't agree with, just to get closer to the dolphins.

Anyway we had a quick walk round Prime 1 whilst Gary took some Converse shoes back, they were too tight. Craig had a look for some shoes whilst I browsed the stores, not buying anything.

Ian wanted to go to the place I hate the dreaded golf shop so I asked to be dropped off at the hotel and thankfully he agreed, he is never quick in these places. Gary came with me and we had a restful time by the pool till Craig and Ian joined us.

We went back up to the room, then noticed it started to rain again. I think we are going to Islands now it has stopped.

It was raining again by the time we went out so the hard core amongst us donned the mic macs, it was warm rain and, fortunately, not very heavy so the lads didn't get soaked.

We went into Islands and did The Hulk, it was quite restful on the eyes because usually it is bright sunshine when you are shot out of the tube but now it was overcast but still great fun.

Then the moment I had been dreading Dr Doom not holding on as I had foolishly promised Craig I would do this the next time we went on it, perhaps, had something to do with the cocktail I had just sipped. Anyway a promise is a promise and you know it makes absolutely no difference as I found out.

Next Spiderman man, all the main rides had quite long lines but with FOTL it wasn't a problem and whilst I remember.

Bev's Holiday Tip No 8

If wanting to book a stay at an onsite Universal hotel book for mid week, it is quieter in the parks. At the weekends the hotels are a lot busier.

Next The Duelling Dragons, again I love this ride, we followed this with some tea at the BK Burger Bar and Panda Express (Gazza). Ian didn't want tea which had us all questioning him as he usually is hungry.

We went into Universal and did The Mummy and Men in Black before watching the fireworks and 3D show. We had a really good viewing point and very much enjoyed it. Though I hadn't taken the camera with it being wet but would have got some good photos if I had, never mind.

We nipped and bought some cold drinks on the way back before going to bed.

It sounds like you've had another action packed day Bev :thumbsup2 My favourite part of any ride is being shot out and turned on The Hulk .. I'm going to miss it this time as we're only thinking of heading to Universal for the Hard Rock Cafe one evening

I wonder where you're off to today :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter