Going to Iceland & and Norwegian Fjords 2019

Texas Twin Sis

Earning My Ears
On our recent trip to Alaska on the Wonder we booked the Norwegian Fjords 11 night cruise for 2019. If anyone has any advice out there please respond. Our 7th Disney cruise but first overseas. Need information especially on flying to London, locals who give tours in Dover, port adventures for active older adults, and of course Copenhagen--river tours. Staying two nights in Dover pre-cruise (no car retal) so need driver/guide from airport to Dover and guide with car in Dover.Then staying one nigt in Copenhagen once off ship befoe flight back. thanks

Ask me in a few weeks and I'll be able to help more. For our day in Dover/drive to London we booked Horizon Private Hire (found them on tripadvisor but haven't had our tour yet so I can't give a personal recommendation). Have fun planning - there is so much to see and do with this itinerary. I've been reading tour books for a year.

I'm not sure this is the type of tour you are looking for, but we did a few days pre-cruise in Copenhagen in 2015 and used Tours in Copenhagen. Kristian, the owner, was fantastic. http://www.toursincopenhagen.com/our-tours/

I'm sorry I can't help with the Dover part as we disembarked in Dover and went straight to London.

The Norway/Iceland cruise on the Magic is spectacular!

We did the Copenhagen to Dover in 2015 and I can share this tidbit. We stayed in Copenhagen on the front end with one day to tour and a couple on the back end in London. After the trip we would have swapped the extra London days for more time in Copenhagen.

In Copenhagen we did one of the canal tours, just walked up to one of the places and it was nice. The other half of the day at Tivoli Gardens. Trains were easy to help with touring and it is possible to pop over to Sweden via the train to "visit" another country. We would have liked to do a day out to Lego if there was time.

Off the ship in Dover we headed directly to London so I can't add anything about Dover. Plenty to see in London but it seemed like much more of a hassle and crowded.

On our recent trip to Alaska on the Wonder we booked the Norwegian Fjords 11 night cruise for 2019. If anyone has any advice out there please respond. Our 7th Disney cruise but first overseas. Need information especially on flying to London, locals who give tours in Dover, port adventures for active older adults, and of course Copenhagen--river tours. Staying two nights in Dover pre-cruise (no car retal) so need driver/guide from airport to Dover and guide with car in Dover.Then staying one nigt in Copenhagen once off ship befoe flight back. thanks
We did this cruise. My only regret is not spending at least one night in Copenhagen. The cruise was 12 nights and we spent three nights in London and just didn't have the time. We took the train from London to Dover. It's fast and easy. As far as Dover it's a really small town you could probably taxi anywhere you need to go. The castle seems to be the big attraction there. If you have questions about the ports just ask. We didn't take any tours through Disney.

Copenhagen is a wonderful city. We spent 3 nights there before our Norwegian Fjords cruise last June. I would love to go back to Copenhagen! It's a beautiful, compact city chalked full of palaces, museums, cool towers to climb, and fabulous parks. And bicycles everywhere! Public transportation is excellent, but it's a very walkable city. It's pricey, but we stayed at the Marriott and had access to their "executive" lounge which provided us breakfast and what amounted to dinner. Saved us loads of money. Oh, and the lounge had a 4-hour "happy hour" with complimentary beer, wine, and soft drinks. Best hotel ever!

thanks, we're scheduled, thru Disney to have a one night room (no more nights available) at the Marriott after off the ship. Did you taxi to the place where you started walking or can you walk from there, on map looks like highway separtes hotel from part of the city.

We did the Copenhagen to Dover in 2015 and I can share this tidbit. We stayed in Copenhagen on the front end with one day to tour and a couple on the back end in London. After the trip we would have swapped the extra London days for more time in Copenhagen.

In Copenhagen we did one of the canal tours, just walked up to one of the places and it was nice. The other half of the day at Tivoli Gardens. Trains were easy to help with touring and it is possible to pop over to Sweden via the train to "visit" another country. We would have liked to do a day out to Lego if there was time.

Off the ship in Dover we headed directly to London so I can't add anything about Dover. Plenty to see in London but it seemed like much more of a hassle and crowded.
Were

We did this cruise. My only regret is not spending at least one night in Copenhagen. The cruise was 12 nights and we spent three nights in London and just didn't have the time. We took the train from London to Dover. It's fast and easy. As far as Dover it's a really small town you could probably taxi anywhere you need to go. The castle seems to be the big attraction there. If you have questions about the ports just ask. We didn't take any tours through Disney.
Great I got questions about ports. We stop in Kirkwall Scotland--intrested in Bishop's Palace & Cathdral, Reykjavik Iceland two days, for sure Golden Circle, Akureyri Iceland Old town & Safnasafnio folk museum looks interesting, Alesund Norway need info about Sunnmore Museum & Fjellstue looking at all those steps is there another way to get there? Stavanger Norway old stavanger and canning museum and Gothenburg Sweden the Paddan boat tour?

This is my dream trip! So excited for you!
Ours too, turning 65 so time to hit th bucket list, life is sweet but short. Look into th Disney Alaska cruise we've done that one (7 and most recetly 9 night) 3 times. Always something new to see on repeats. As you can see this TX girl likes the cold on vacation

Ours too, turning 65 so time to hit th bucket list, life is sweet but short. Look into th Disney Alaska cruise we've done that one (7 and most recetly 9 night) 3 times. Always something new to see on repeats. As you can see this TX girl likes the cold on vacation

Right there with ya, Sister! I live in Arizona! Bring on the cold vacations!!

A cruise on my list! We are leaving from Dover for the British Isles cruise on September the 2. We have Blackberry cars booked to take us from London to Dover. I just couldn't deal with the luggage on the train that day. I know that they pick up at the airports. They responded very quickly to my questions and several of us in our Facebook group for this trip are using them.

Thanks for the information. Same here don't want to drag luggage to train after 18 hours on flight. We've just reserved Horizonprivatehire pickup and tour. Only heard good things about Gary and his service. have a great trip.

Thanks for the information. Same here don't want to drag luggage to train after 18 hours on flight. We've just reserved Horizonprivatehire pickup and tour. Only heard good things about Gary and his service. have a great trip.

He's been very nice over email. I'll let you know how it goes - or remind me in early Sept. if I forget and you want more info. I agree that the train doesn't really allow for one to tour Dover, and I also liked that Gary is a local. We have booked a few private tours and tried to get local tour guides since we want to hear/learn as much as we can about the areas we are visiting.

I would like to know what people have done in Iceland -- especially independent (non Disney) tours.

how did you get to the channel tour, walk or taxi. Do you need local money or will credit card take care of it?

I think your question was cut off. But if I am reading between the lines correctly.

DW booked a car from Dover to London and from hotel to airport. Stayed near the theater district so there was plenty to do or see. Walked to most places.

In Copenhagen we did the hotel at the airport and a taxi from there to the port. The siteseeing day was by train and walking. Unbelievably easy to get around. Central train station is right next to Tivoli Gardens so that is an easy place to start or end. I would end there and have a late lunch or dinner since there are so many good places to eat. Nyhavn is a short walk from the station. I think we did the Pomma Canal tours, which is on a different canal since the tourist crowds seemed heavier at the Nyhavn area.

We did the Norway/Iceland cruise last summer. It was fantastic. We started in Copenhagen, and stayed at the Marriott referred to in previous post. There is a large road (not exactly a highway) between the Marriott and the rest of Copenhagen, but it is easy to cross. We walked almost everywhere we wanted to go. We were there at the beginning of our cruise, and booked two night. We also took the train out to Castle Kronberg, which was easy to navigate. But, if you are on there for a day, Tivoli Gardens and a visit to the New Harbor (which is really the old harbor) will give you plenty to do along with what others have suggested.

We mainly did tours in the various ports. Stavanger is one of our favorites, and, because it is at the mouth to many Norwegian Fjords, a trip of the Fjords is a great excursion. It is just beautiful, with some interesting box canyons and waterfalls, and a great view of Pulpit Rock from below (assuming a clear day). On the way back they stop for Norwegian pancakes. In Alesund we did some kind of city tour; it was just OK, but Alesund is a very interesting port and town. Akureyri is a relative small town - you will want to consider getting out of the town and seeing some of the fantastic waterfalls, and Icelandic scenery that are a drive out of the town. We did the Golden Circle in Reykjavik and really enjoyed it. Iceland is like no other place we have been before. Both Norway and Iceland provide majestic scenery, mountains, water and landscape. It is an unforgettable cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter