Going to a Ducks game

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Just got a single ticket for the Ducks vs Preds on Dec 30. Game time is kind of unusual with a 2 PM start on a Friday, but I guess it's the holidays.

Any pointers? Will be coming in from LA in the morning, although I haven't decided if I'm going to take Metrolink or the Metro [correction] 460 bus. I plan on getting an ART 3 day pass since I'm going to be around Anaheim for a few days. I'll have a pack with me and I don't think I'll be able to bring it in to the Honda Center (checked the policy - no bag check either). I might just go to the hotel and have them hold on to my stuff until checkin time.

If I take ART, I'm thinking the closest they can get me to the arena is ARTIC.

Last edited:
HAVE FUN! It's been years since I've been but the games are a blast. Train station is an easy walk to the Pond (or whatever they are calling it these days).

I might go to a Kings game too. I was planning on being there anyways, and it looks like there are some cheap single tickets. It is a bit of a pain since Crytpo.com Arena tickets are sold by AXS.

I might go to a Kings game too. I was planning on being there anyways, and it looks like there are some cheap single tickets. It is a bit of a pain since Crytpo.com Arena tickets are sold by AXS.

Got a ticket for Knights at Kings too. Really cheap too. My only issue is that the "tickets" are really bizarre and only work in the app. Supposedly can't even use a screenshot of them as the code resets every minute (I've had electronic codes do that before).

Just got a single ticket for the Ducks vs Preds on Dec 30. Game time is kind of unusual with a 2 PM start on a Friday, but I guess it's the holidays.

Any pointers? Will be coming in from LA in the morning, although I haven't decided if I'm going to take Metrolink or the Metro 720 bus. I plan on getting an ART 3 day pass since I'm going to be around Anaheim for a few days. I'll have a pack with me and I don't think I'll be able to bring it in to the Honda Center (checked the policy - no bag check either). I might just go to the hotel and have them hold on to my stuff until checkin time.

If I take ART, I'm thinking the closest they can get me to the arena is ARTIC.

I can't give any tips about transit, since we drive/park when we're there. Definitely check your bags at your hotel, because as of last spring they did not have lockers or anything there. And most NHL arenas have strict bag policies ever since COVID.

The arena itself is easy to get in and out of and the staff is great, but the food options are... ehh. So you might want to make sure eat before you go. It's a nice arena though, and the fans were very nice (even if I was rooting for the away team). The Ducks are the worst team in the NHL right now though, so they might be a little more depressed this year.

I've been to Crypto (when it was still Staples!), and it's a great venue, and the surrounding LA Live area is excellent too. I haven't been since COVID though, so I don't know of any changes there. (Also, if that's the Knights game, there will be LOTS of Knights fans there too. We travel well and the vibes should be excellent.)

I can't give any tips about transit, since we drive/park when we're there. Definitely check your bags at your hotel, because as of last spring they did not have lockers or anything there. And most NHL arenas have strict bag policies ever since COVID.

The arena itself is easy to get in and out of and the staff is great, but the food options are... ehh. So you might want to make sure eat before you go. It's a nice arena though, and the fans were very nice (even if I was rooting for the away team). The Ducks are the worst team in the NHL right now though, so they might be a little more depressed this year.

I've been to Crypto (when it was still Staples!), and it's a great venue, and the surrounding LA Live area is excellent too. I haven't been since COVID though, so I don't know of any changes there. (Also, if that's the Knights game, there will be LOTS of Knights fans there too. We travel well and the vibes should be excellent.)

I haven't been to any kind of indoor arena event since 2015, but it was in Oakland where they actually had a bag check at the stadium next door.

Game time at 2 PM should make it easier to avoid concessions. I plan on going somewhere for lunch and might have stuff to munch on before entering. Then it looks like maybe I can walk to Lazy Dog or Chili's for dinner. Or Anaheim Packing House or possibly Downtown Disney.

I haven't been to any kind of arena [correction] event since 2015, and then there was bag check at the former Oracle Arena, but it was at the stadium next door.

Since game time is 2 PM it hits a period where I don't anticipate being hungry and I'm planning on something else before I get there. Maybe I'll have something in hand that I finish before entering. Then I could probably head for Anaheim Packing House, although Lazy Dog and Chili's are within walking distance.

Last edited:

Got a ticket for Knights at Kings too. Really cheap too. My only issue is that the "tickets" are really bizarre and only work in the app. Supposedly can't even use a screenshot of them as the code resets every minute (I've had electronic codes do that before).

Kings-Knights has been a good game. All the Kings displays are odd though as they’re clearly temporary, like wraps around columns. I guess that’s the reality with three major tenants.

Last edited:

I was late coming into Anaheim and had to take ART to at least leave my bags behind to go to the game. I plugged in Honda Center for my on demand ride, but on the bus I was chatting with a family also going to the game. They were staying at the Ayres Hotel and recommended getting off there instead of ARTIC as was scheduled. That made a much shorter walk.

It’s starting to fill up. A different experience than L.A. for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter