Going this December. If you had to choose between CSR and CBR, which would you pick?

MaC410

DIS Veteran
Since both resorts are going through pretty major construction, if you had to choose between the two, which one would you pick if you were planning a trip for this December. Also say why you made your choice!

Last edited:
It has been a long time since we stayed at CBR and have never stayed at CSR but if you need to do a moderate I would recommend POFQ we loved it there.

Neither. I'd go to POR. I believe food courts and restaurants in both those resorts will be closed. Not to mention vacationing in a construction zone doesn't sound fun. Unless they're putting rooms on for 50% off in compensation I wouldn't go near them!!

CSR.

But why only those two? Do POR or Art of Animation or something else! :)

CSR.

But why only those two? Do POR or Art of Animation or something else! :)

Why would you choose CSR?

It's a hypothetical question to see what people would choose because of the construction to help us better decide what to choose.

I just like the looks of CSR - their pool looks amazing. :)

CBR never appealed to me.

If I had to make a choice I would choose CSR because the food court is open, but to be honest, I would not take either one. I would book POR or POFQ.

I stayed at CBR in early Jan, then at CSR in late Jan. Much preferred CSR...and that surprised me. I was in a distant bldg at CBR and it was a hike to the food court. I love the feel of CSR.
But...why not look at POR? Love this one...it's my favorite moderate resort. So pretty, the food court is nice. If you're on the backside of the resort, it can be about 8 mins or so to the foodcourt. But the walk was always pleasant.

Neither with the extent of construction both resorts will be undergoing. I'd go to Riverside or French Quarter if you are set on a moderate.

Neither. If those were my only choices I would stay home this year.
Why won't you look at POR or POFQ?

I'll be the voice of dissent and say CBR. We love it there. Don't get me wrong, we love CSR too, but we like the layout and theming at CBR a little better. Either way, they're both nice regardless which one you pick. Happy trip planning!

For our upcoming trip we've been booked at CSR, CBR and now POR...

CSR was our first choice based on resort theme, price and food options. At that time we knew nothing of the construction planned for both resorts. Then, when we had to switch dates for flights, CSR didn't have availability so we moved to CBR.
Having watched the CBR threads over the last few days, and with growing concerns over the work being undertaken, today we have moved again to POR. We love this resort from previous visits and, had the price been right, it would have been our first choice for this trip.

In summary, POR, then CSR, then CBR. CSR is next on my Disney bucket list but all of my decisions are based on the assumption that all resorts are construction free. We moved from CBR as there were no permanent food options available plus, Disney offered a cost free switch to POR.

We had CSR booked for August for the first time. I got a bounceback offer and decided to do AKL, thinking I would see which was a better deal once the mod discounts came out. Then they announced all of the construction. It will be AKL, no matter how cheap CSR is. We stayed at Poly during the construction. Never again:sad2:

I'll be the voice of dissent and say CBR. We love it there. Don't get me wrong, we love CSR too, but we like the layout and theming at CBR a little better. Either way, they're both nice regardless which one you pick. Happy trip planning!

CBR is going to be in the middle of a major refurb, so no matter how nice it was, it wil be lacking a lot of amentities, and may be very chaotic at that time.

I would have said, CBR , but it is supposed to start major construction on May 1st as far as I know, and this is going to affect all of the main area of the resort - I would be very careful, and probably avoid it during this major refurbishment.

I have never been to either. We did stay at POR. We also stayed at Pop twice. Last year we decided never again to go in September. Now let me say we have booked CSR each year only to change our minds based either on rumors or cost. This year we are gonna stick with CSR. We didnt like how spread out POR was. We did go with preferred this year at CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter