Going solo & the Dining Plan

travelgip6

Earning My Ears
I keep going back and forth on whether or not to do the dining plan when going to the World solo next October.
At the TS restaurants, do I to pay tax & tip by cash?

Thanks!

tax is included but tip ou cn pay using any method you would normally use. I just charged it to my room

and I still enjoyed the TS meals. I would strike up a conversation with people sitting close if they wanted to talk. It was nice to chat before the food gets to your table. Also, you can do places where they can sit you together like Biergarten in Epcot's Germany. Sometimes, I joined up with another solo travel close to me right at the time in the restaurant. I even connected with a few disboard members ahead of time and we met up for a few planned meals. There's a separate board for solo travels, here. Put in your dates and see if you get any bites during your time period. No one from disboards missed the meal if they committed to it. We even exchanged cell phone numbers and spend part of the day together.

I had alone TS meals, too. Sometimes, I just wanted to be quiet and eat my food and get out of the restaurant. I wanted more park time.

If you don't like it just do the quick service meals. You can always add a few TS meals beyond the plan. Then you can have a few breakfasts with your leftover QS meal credits.

It takes a certain personality to enjoy table service meals alone. I will say I enjoy the TS meal part with company, even if it's a stranger.

I like charging the tips to the room so that I don't have to carry cash or credit cards with me in the parks, but you can use cash, credit/debit card, Disney Gift cards...whatever you are most comfortable with.

I keep going back and forth on whether or not to do the dining plan when going to the World solo next October.
At the TS restaurants, do I to pay tax & tip by cash?

Thanks!

I did the dining plan when I went solo in 2009 and am actually doing the DxDDP when I go down in a few weeks (got the regular dining free, then upgraded it). I love not having to worry about paying for any of my meals out of pocket. This upcoming trip I'm doing more sit down restaurants than I have done before and threw in a few new one's. I also love to read, so there is always a book in my bag. This helps break up the time in a restaurant, as well as gives me time to relax and enjoy a good book. As for tip, I always bring some cash with me to tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter