• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GOH Badges

Mickeyluver37

Currently Disney Deprived
Our first day in the parks, we have an 8:10 PS for Cindy's, and I want to my kids to have GOH badges before they go. Their names are not very common, and this should help with the many mispronounciations they come across. Anyway, can anyone tell me where I can buy these on our arrival day, outside of the parks? Thanks. :)

I am not sure about where to get them in the parks, but, I did come upon a website that you can order them and have them delivered to your resort the day of your arrival...

www.giftsofalifetime.com

good luck !!

Debbie

I don't remember the name of the store but it was in downtown disney marketplace where we got ours . They had mine and DH's names already made up but not the kids. They had to make theirs up right there in the store. It was an open tent looking store and there was a train for kids to ride around there. That is all I remember about it.

I looked for one of those badges for my DD on our last vacation but couldn't find them. Thanks i ordered them for our vacation in April. My DD's will be thrilled!:pinkbounc

I don't remember the name of the store at Disney Marketplace, but it is in the area of the Pooh Store. You should be able to ask a CM down there where you can purchase the GOH pins. We bought both girls there and had a choice of characters on them and color. It was nice to actually buy my oldest daughter one with her name spelled correctly for her.

I can't tall you the price of them, because when they made ours, the lady working at the register only charged us $4.00 for each of them. I questioned her about the price, but she assured me it was right. I know they are higher than that, we just got lucky.
Gerri

We bought a bunch for family members we'll be taking in June. Picked them up last month (12/01) at the Celebrity 5 & 10 at MGM Studios and paid $5 each. This shop is on the main street dead in front of the main entrance to MGM, on the right side. I actually like the custom engraved pins better, as the letters are a bit larger and bolder than the ready-made ones.

BTW, when DH & I got ours 10/00, they offered Tigger as one of the characters on the badges. They seem to have discontinued this choice, as we could not find a Tigger in either of the shops (MGM nor DD). The choices we saw were either Mickey, Minnie or Pooh. I mention this in case anyone is a big Tigger fan; if you see that choice offered on-line, go for it.

In case anyone wonders, the GOH badges do make you feel special, and not just kids, either. The funniest part for DH & I is that when we dress in our "commando" outfits (matching Mickey shirts, pin laden lanyards, etc), we are often approached by other park guests asking if we work there! Possibly because we like to smile & make eye contact with people we pass, or maybe folks just don't realize that the GOH badges exist - they think name-tag = CM. Whatever, we try to be helpful - "no, we don't work here, but we play here alot...."

We just ordered ours from Gift of a Lifetime on the 18th. And will have them by this Wednesday. A week and a half, not bad. Since you have some time before your trip you should think about ordering them from their site. That way you won't have to take the time to search for them.

I had my dd's name badge made up at the Captain's Tower which is an open circular store with a train next to it just down from the Gourmet Pantry in the DD Marketplace.

On our recent cruise on Magic, we ate breakfast with a vacationing cast member. She told me that you can call wdw and order anything you saw in any store on site and purchase it as long as you know where it was. They'll be happy to mail it to you at home. I can't see why this wouldn't be possible with GOH pins, too. I'm going to try this for our next trip. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter