• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go to Disney w/2 yr old ds @ 22wks pregnant or wait until after baby??

ppan77

DIS Veteran
I am dying to go back to Disney w/ my 2yr old ds and dh...but i'm pregnant and cant get there until I'm 22 weeks....we have already been when he was 18mos. ...should I wait until after the baby is here?? Is it easier pregnant or with the newborn? Need advice...:confused3

pofq april 2007
akl 2003
poly 1995

I guess it would depend on what time of year it is. I wouldn't want to take a newborn in the summer months, but if it were in the winter time, I would wait until then. I took DD when she was 11 months and WDW is easy to take a baby. I went into MK one day when I was 17 weeks pregnant. I was in Orlando for a meeting. I rode everything except for the 3 mountains.

Having been to WDW every year since kids were 1 & 3, our last trip being this last Feb with DD7, DS5 and DS 6 mos I can tell you I'd much rather take a non walking infant than a 2 year old. I would wait for the baby to be born. They go anywhere and are easy to feed and sleep. You will be worn out pregnant and with limits on rides.

I've gone both when pregnant and when I had a five month old, and both times were fun because I had help. (Meaning some assorted grandparents and aunts and uncles around). You could really do either with Disney being so kid friendly and if you have a good double stroller for the airport and the parks.

Also, it depends on where you are staying. We were in one of the pool homes when I had both kids with me, so we could separate them at night...which I really needed to do especially because the little one was sick and coughing at night. They kept waking each other up the first night. If I were in a hotel room, that trip would have been exceptionally miserable.

I guess if I were to choose, it was easier when I was pregnant. My older one was a handful at two, but he was an even bigger handful when #2 came! I think I probably enjoyed the pregnancy trip more from that standpoint.

Good luck! :)

We're doing 2 short trips, this year - one while I was 15 (?) weeks pg and one with a 4 month old. My guess is that unless this baby is WAY easier than the 1st one that the pg trip will be easier for us. So, I'd choose pregnancy, unless that trip falls in the middle of the summer, because the heat is killing me this summer while pregnant and I would be miserable at Disney.

Looking back, I would have loved the opportunity to go to WDW with just one child. To be able to really give them all the attention and not have to worry about some of the logistics that come with siblings. You might not be able to ride all the rides at 22 weeks, but you sure as heck probably wouldn't be riding them with a newborn, either. :-)

My vote is for ASAP. :-)

We are leaving in 9 days! YEA! We are traveling with a 6 year old and a 2 year old. I will be 26 wks pregnant when we go. We were supposed to be on a DCL that week but baby was a surprise. We have taken the 2 year old when she was 5 months and 1. We have had great luck all times. We went for a short trip in March when she was 1 1/2 and she really enjoyed it. I know she will enjoy it alot more this trip since she loves playhouse disney so much. It is also a nice big family vacation with all attention on them before the baby comes.

I think yall have convinced me to give it a try before the baby and go while I'm expecting! Now I just have to convince dh. We will go in Jan while crowds are low. We live about 4 hours away and dont want to go during a busy time. Thanks:)

I have gone several times pregnant and with a baby! I prefer pregnant. I was 5 months pregnant w/ a 2 year old and 5 year old. It was a great trip w/ them before the little brother was born! I say go pregnant. a lot easier than an infant. Espeically with all the other little kids around the park coughing and sneezing all over the place near a baby! JMO!

Lori

We went in January '06 when our oldest DD was 2 and I was 7 months pregnant with younger DD. It was wonderful - I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I'm a little nervous about doing the trip with our now 4 year old and our 18 month old - it'll be interesting!

We are going in November when I will be 5 months pregnant and taken our DS 2. I say go for it when your pregnant!:)

My DW was 20 weeks when we went in 2005. You have to take is slower. Planing helped. If you can do the slow and steady thing, then you should be fine. But that would be up to your doctor. Make sure you have your medical records with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter