GO Southwest DING Fares!

FallDisney

Mouseketeer
I'm so excited! Had to share it with someone as hubby wasn't as excited as I was.

We bought our flight to LAX for our June trip about a month ago using a DING fare. Wasn't great, but with fuel prices going up, it wasn't bad, so I figured I'd better go ahead and book it. DING came up again this morning and as usual, I took a look. Couldn't believe it! Found a MUCH better deal! $69 one way fare, any flight. I could ditch the flight we were scheduled on at 7:00 in the morning and take the 10:00 flight instead. No mean hubby or children due to lack of sleep, and I saved $456 dollars!!!!!!!

It's in future flight credit, but hey, I'm sure we can figure up another trip by March of next year, right? Maybe DLR again!

AWESOME! Can I pick your brain on some things - When in June are you going? Where are you flying from and to (LAX or ?). We are planning on next June and I want to figure out when to buy my tickets. Also, what day of the week are you flying?

TIA!

Thanks for the tip to check out ding. We used it for our trip in Feb from SEA-LAX and paid $69 each way. I looked at it today and found SEA-SLC for $29 each way. The cheapest I have ever seen it. We're now planning on visiting SIL who's expecting 1st child at the end of May. It ends up being $79 roundtrip with taxes & airport fees included. That's normally the sale price without any taxes and airport fees for one way. I do believe southwest is now charging for $3-4 per soda/drink on planes. Keep that in mind when booking them. Again thanks for tip.

AWESOME! Can I pick your brain on some things - When in June are you going? Where are you flying from and to (LAX or ?). We are planning on next June and I want to figure out when to buy my tickets. Also, what day of the week are you flying?

TIA!

We're going June 16 - 23 and flying in to and out of LA on Saturdays from/to MCI. So, about two and a half months out would probably be good. Bought the first set of tickets 3 months out and this is the first time I've seen a lower price. In fact, the price has been much greater than the first set of tickets I bought. Definately worth signing up for DING!

Hooray! Those are great fares. I need to sign up, but it seems we don't get too many DINGS here in Vegas for the places I need to go! Good excuse for you to go next year though, you must use the credit for another trip!

Andrea

We got our $29 ea way this afternoon (Sac to SNA), I was so excited! I was not looking forward to driving to LA , this makes it great, and I am thinking cheaper with gas expected to go up.

I can't wait for Ding fares for our travel month! They are still 3 weeks shy for regular fares, too! oh the torture of waiting....

FWIW, I checked out the soda info, and online they still say that they serve "complimentary coffee, juices, and cold drinks on all flights". Man I hope they don't start charging for those things....

Ok, so for an obsessive trip planner and web site browser, I had to sign up for Ding....we will see.....

I also also just changed a flight to a ding fare. I couldn't believe they had $69 fare out of SNA to SLC. I have never seen a fare lower than $99 from SNA to SLC so I jumped on it, it was a great deal. I will use my extra funds on a business trip this week and get reimbursed from my company for them so I don't have to sit on them.

I can't wait for Ding fares for our travel month! They are still 3 weeks shy for regular fares, too! oh the torture of waiting....

FWIW, I checked out the soda info, and online they still say that they serve "complimentary coffee, juices, and cold drinks on all flights". Man I hope they don't start charging for those things....

Sorry for my misinformation, I thought I read it in the newspaper but couldn't find it.You're right drinks still are complimentary. Thanks for checking.

How did you get your money back for the difference? When we went last year to WDW(different airlines), & found a better deal they through a fit & wanted to charge $50 per ticket to switch (obviously wasn't worth it), but when I pointed out that the flight time changed from the time I booked to til then, they got a manager & switched me w/better rate to a different flight.

How did you do it for future deals.....:rotfl:

How did you get your money back for the difference? When we went last year to WDW(different airlines), & found a better deal they through a fit & wanted to charge $50 per ticket to switch (obviously wasn't worth it), but when I pointed out that the flight time changed from the time I booked to til then, they got a manager & switched me w/better rate to a different flight.

How did you do it for future deals.....:rotfl:

Was this SOUTHWEST? Southwest does not have a change fee for changes. Any difference is given in credit to be used 1 year from date of original purchase.

We're going June 16 - 23 and flying in to and out of LA on Saturdays from/to MCI. So, about two and a half months out would probably be good. Bought the first set of tickets 3 months out and this is the first time I've seen a lower price. In fact, the price has been much greater than the first set of tickets I bought. Definately worth signing up for DING!

We are going from 6/6 - 6/12 and just booked the DING fare also :banana:
Leaving from Kansas City non-stop to LAX for 3 of us for $470! We also booked our rental car through them and got one from Dollar Rent-A-Car for $100 for the week. It is an intermediate size - the full size was only $30 more but the gas mileage dropped about 12mpg with the full size. With gas being about $4/gallon we decided to stick with the smaller one.

but it seems we don't get too many DINGS here in Vegas for the places I need to go!

We're in the same boat. Our lowest possible southwest fare to any of the LA airports is $95 one way. But we never see it. The cetegory is booked long before that $95 ever comes up. We never get a ding on it either.

UMMM!! I don't do alot of flying....so here goes. What is Ding?????:confused3
Sorry not very savvy am I???:rolleyes1

UMMM!! I don't do alot of flying....so here goes. What is Ding?????:confused3
Sorry not very savvy am I???:rolleyes1

It's a program you download from southwest's website to your computer that "dings" everytime a fare from your home airpiorts have been discounted. In order to get the discounted fares you must click on the link on the ding pop up. The time period to purchase your tickets can range anywhere from a few hours to a few days.

It's a program you download from southwest's website to your computer that "dings" everytime a fare from your home airpiorts have been discounted. In order to get the discounted fares you must click on the link on the ding pop up. The time period to purchase your tickets can range anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
Is it only offered through Southwest???:confused3

I'm hoping for a great DING rate from Chicago in July. Right now, we have 6 tickets booked at $274.80 each!!! And we still have to fly into LAX (the other airports were even more money)!

If I can get a great DING rate, I'll use our credit to buy tix to Orlando in Sept for free dining. :)

So, if anyone sees a great DING rate from Chicago for July, please post it. :hourglass

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter