Gluten Free @ Sunshine Seasons?

babyberger

DIS Veteran
Can anyone confirm the kids gluten free options at Sunshine Season in Epcot? The lists I have show allergy tenders, gf pizza, etc. Do they in fact have these as choices? Do they have a dedicated fryer for French fries? We usually go to electric umbrella but they have been burning the allergy tenders lately :(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We had breakfast there with
epcot-gluten-free-and-dairy-free-dining.html
. I loved the eggs. We went early, which made me feel a bit better about cross contamination (we were the first served, it seemed?)

I have seen another family post photos of their chicken and rice dishes they eat there at lunch. We also got Enjoy Life Foods candy bars there. I saw gluten free pudding cups and snacks. I think they had some frozen pastry option, but it wasn't anything that won me over, so I skipped it (I think there was an issue with heating it in a way that sounded appealing, but I can't quite remember). I would recommend it if it fits your schedule. We liked it quite a bit!

We've never asked for any of the premade allergy kid food type entrees at Sunshine Seasons. We typically get safe versions of a regular kids meal such as chicken leg with rice. I've been told they can cook GF pasta if you're willing to wait for it but we're happy with the regular types of foods we can get there so that's what we get. There are lots of places that to things like chicken tenders but not a lot that have "real" food that's safe which is why we go there, along with having so many options that is.

We don't have food allergies, but went to the hot food counter at the far right where they were serving baked salmon, pork and chicken (half for adults, leg portion for kids). The sides for these were mash or potato wedges, and the veg they had on offer were green beans and sweetcorn, I think. So, that counter at least had no food with gluten in that I could see.

Thanks everyone. We ended up back at Electric Umbrella for allergy tenders and they looked much better this time and my son ate all of them, so I guess they were good :) I wish he would expand his food choices but he is also on the autism spectrum so change is hard and it's not a battle I want to fight right now.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter