Gluten free meals

I haven't been on my trip yet, so I can't give personal reviews, but I've done a ton of research for GF options that I can share!

For table service, maybe not quite half of the restaurants I looked at have an allergy menu. The ones I've considered most for us are Skipper Canteen in MK, Sci Fi Dine-In in HS, Garden Grill in EPCOT, and Sebastian's Bistro and Steakhouse 71 in the resorts.

For quick service, I can share my list of the park restaurants that offer mobile ordering that have GF menus. I've only finished two of the parks so far, but will edit when I do the others.

Magic Kingdom
Columbia Harbor House: GF: salmon or shrimp with rice & green beans, chicken strips and fries
Location: Liberty Square near Haunted Mansion and not far from Fantasyland

Cosmic Rays: GF: cheeseburger or hot dog, fries, Greek salad

Pecos Bills: GF: beef/chicken nachos, chicken/pork rice bowl
Location: before the turn toward Splash/Thunder coming from Liberty Square

Pinocchio Village Haus: GF: pizzas and chicken nuggets

Hollywood Studios
Backlot Express: GF: cheeseburger, chicken strips, or southwest chicken salad

Catalina Eddies: GF: chicken caesar salad and pizza

Woody's Lunchbox: GF: BBQ brisket or chicken salad sandwiches, tomato soup

ABC Commissary: GF: chicken club sandwich, plant based burger, steak fries, mediterranean salad

Docking Bay: GF: beef and chicken bowls with rice and interesting sauces, interesting salad, tuna poke

Dockside Diner: GF: shrimp salad roll or chipotle chicken roll

Fairfax Fare: GF: california BLT hot dog, regular hot dog, hot dog salad

PizzeRizzo: GF: antipasto salad with ham & salami, pizza
Location: Grand Avenue (before Star Wars world) near MuppetVision

Ronto Roasters: GF: breakfast wraps served without wraps, pork wrap without wrap for lunch/dinner

I found on our last trip (July 2022) the quality was hit or miss for GF meals. For years Garden Grill was good but this last trip, it was not. For example, to make their meat gluten free they simply removed the sauces. Chimichurri sauce is not made with wheat but they were playing it safe I guess. We ended eating some rather plain steak and chicken. On the other hand, the Skipper Canteen really nailed it again. They are consistently good with GF options. Raglan Road used to serve GF fish and chips but they stopped making them. We enjoyed the Trattoria al Forno this time around, whereas in years past we did not like it. Bomo, Satuli Canteen and the GF burger at The Edison were good. Geyser Point Grill also serves a good burger. Liberty Tree Tavern is about the same and this year we got GF mac and cheese which I do not think we had before. La Creperie in France was a nice change of pace. The dinner crepes are good but the dessert crepes not as much.

I'm a real challenge since I'm gluten and dairy intolerant, DH allergic to peppers.

Trattoria al Forno was stunning. The chef did our meals in what I now think of as "old-style"--came to talk to us, asked what protein we each wanted, and assured us he'd make something special, even considered our dislikes.

Topolino's chef gave us good modified menu items and delicious meals.

Beaches and Cream was marvelous for me. Gave me two whole roasted turkey sandwiches on the best g-f bread I've had anywhere. Cali Grill was also wonderful as ever, as was 'Ohana breakfast.

You will probably be okay mobile ordering, but we had to order at the counter since the allergy-free menus mostly don't accommodate both gluten and dairy, not at all for peppers.

Any Disney-owned restaurant should be able to fix you a g-f meal. There are several non-Disney-owned ones in Disney Springs, so be cautious there. If you don't see an allergy-friendly menu on the official Disney site, they're likely not Disney-owned.

Boathouse is awesome with allergies if you're at Disney Springs!

🙀 I am scared of the hotdog salad! What is it? please tell me it’s not just a cut up hotdog on lettuce.

In general, I was pleased with GF options. I had bad information about Via Napoli - thought they had GF pizza, but they DON'T! I ate a salad. we would have left but we stayed for the AC.

Skipper Canteen was good, though expensive. I was pleased we could mobile order (didn't used to be able to do that with allergies.) The beignets at POFQ were good, but not worth a special trip. Overall, Disney does a very good job with allergies, and almost everywhere I had an appealing option or two.

And the Dole Whip is GF!

🙀 I am scared of the hotdog salad! What is it? please tell me it’s not just a cut up hotdog on lettuce.
Lol! Here's the description:

Chicago-style "Hot Dog" Salad - Gluten/Wheat Allergy-Friendly​

Romaine Blend, Plant-based Bratwurst, Sliced Sport Peppers, Tomatoes, Onions, House-made Dill Pickle, Sweet Relish, and Mustard tossed in Neon Green Relish Vinaigrette (Plant-Based)

$9.49

If you’re staying at one of the resort hotels, all of them should offer some sort of Mickey/other character shaped gluten free waffles which are pretty delicious! (They are free of quite a few other allergens as well).
Not really a meal, but Port Orleans does gluten free beignets!
I also quite enjoyed Liberty Tree Tavern, with the gluten free stuffing and turkey.
I’m also a big fan of gluten free chicken strips/nuggets at some of the quick service locations. And Satuli Canteen in Animal Kingdom has quite a few options for the bowls (not entirely sure about the sauces, because I usually don’t get sauces).

I found on our last trip (July 2022) the quality was hit or miss for GF meals. For years Garden Grill was good but this last trip, it was not. For example, to make their meat gluten free they simply removed the sauces. Chimichurri sauce is not made with wheat but they were playing it safe I guess. We ended eating some rather plain steak and chicken. On the other hand, the Skipper Canteen really nailed it again. They are consistently good with GF options. Raglan Road used to serve GF fish and chips but they stopped making them. We enjoyed the Trattoria al Forno this time around, whereas in years past we did not like it. Bomo, Satuli Canteen and the GF burger at The Edison were good. Geyser Point Grill also serves a good burger. Liberty Tree Tavern is about the same and this year we got GF mac and cheese which I do not think we had before. La Creperie in France was a nice change of pace. The dinner crepes are good but the dessert crepes not as much.
Raglan Road got rid of the gluten free fish and chips?! Did they by any chance mention if that was just a temporary change?

Hi there, my family has been researching and re-researching GF dining for our regular trips to WDW for over 10 years (since my youngest child and my wife were diagnosed). If you internet search "gluten free in orlando" or similar phrases, you'll find some good info. A woman named Alexis ran or runs a web page that I won't link here, plus a FB group that you can join--they are reliable when the info is recent, but like everything (cf. the information about Raglan Road fish and chips), their info can change as Disney restaurants change. There's also a couple with multiple serious allergies plus Celiac, and their Youtube reviews are helpful.

We have recent experience with the following:
Trattoria al forno: food prepared safely (I like that Her Dotness called the personal attention the 'old style;' we were helped but maybe not by a chef. My wife found her fish was just a little uninspiring. She loves the fried calamari.
Sanaa: we always do this, and it's always great (wife and daughter love the GF bread service); you have lots of choices
Boma breakfast only: they ate the buffet in January 2022 and loved it! Cast members helped a lot. Good choices. We haven't done dinner there.
Raglan Road: decent meal here last 2 times. Ask about the dedicated fryer--that issue seems to be changing every time I look. They used to have a boar burger which we miss. My daughter and I love their chicken wings app.
Ale and Compass (brunch): this is not exciting or inspiring, but we found the service great and the food really nice. It's kind of an easy reservation to get compared to others.
Steakhouse 71: I loved my lunch (but I can eat anything), but wife found very few options on the lunch menu. They had to offer her steaks from the dinner menu. Her steak was properly prepared but not inspiring, and really she just wished they had given her more GF options from the lunch menu.
Skipper Canteen: Our whole family liked this, and my daughters (who ate vegetarian and gluten free) loved it. Wife was less impressed. We like the theming and experience. Like most of MK restaurants, really overpriced. We'd do it again, though.
Liberty Tree: we've been eating GF food here for many years. We miss the old lunch menu, which gave you a few more GF choices. But wife and daughter had a great meal here (Jan 22) when they ate the "all you care to enjoy" meal, and we'll go again.
Flame Tree BBQ is their go to at AK for counter service; quality is not what it used to be, but chefs and managers will help you eat safely. Still better service than most counter service.
Grand Floridian Cafe: good variety (we usually do lunch and/or brunch). Good burgers, good breakfast. Also easier to get a reservation than many others.

Erin McKenna's bakery for GF baked goods - expensive, but a real treat when you are on vacation.

Hope this helps.

I haven't been on my trip yet, so I can't give personal reviews, but I've done a ton of research for GF options that I can share!

For table service, maybe not quite half of the restaurants I looked at have an allergy menu. The ones I've considered most for us are Skipper Canteen in MK, Sci Fi Dine-In in HS, Garden Grill in EPCOT, and Sebastian's Bistro and Steakhouse 71 in the resorts.

For quick service, I can share my list of the park restaurants that offer mobile ordering that have GF menus. I've only finished two of the parks so far, but will edit when I do the others.

Magic Kingdom
Columbia Harbor House: GF: salmon or shrimp with rice & green beans, chicken strips and fries
Location: Liberty Square near Haunted Mansion and not far from Fantasyland

Cosmic Rays: GF: cheeseburger or hot dog, fries, Greek salad

Pecos Bills: GF: beef/chicken nachos, chicken/pork rice bowl
Location: before the turn toward Splash/Thunder coming from Liberty Square

Pinocchio Village Haus: GF: pizzas and chicken nuggets

Hollywood Studios
Backlot Express: GF: cheeseburger, chicken strips, or southwest chicken salad

Catalina Eddies: GF: chicken caesar salad and pizza

Woody's Lunchbox: GF: BBQ brisket or chicken salad sandwiches, tomato soup

ABC Commissary: GF: chicken club sandwich, plant based burger, steak fries, mediterranean salad

Docking Bay: GF: beef and chicken bowls with rice and interesting sauces, interesting salad, tuna poke

Dockside Diner: GF: shrimp salad roll or chipotle chicken roll

PizzeRizzo: GF: antipasto salad with ham & salami, pizza
Location: Grand Avenue (before Star Wars world) near MuppetVision

Ronto Roasters: GF: breakfast wraps served without wraps, pork wrap without wrap for lunch/dinner
Thank you....this will help DD a lot.
Besides the allergy, she is super picky and not adventuresome eater

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter