Gluten-free by choice

I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I've eliminated all gluten and my symptoms have 90% subsided. :cheer2: Although I don't have celiac and won't become violently ill if eaten; I get joint, muscle and deep tissue pain. Obviously, it's a different situation, technically by choice because I don't want to be on meds the rest of my life and decided to cure myself through the food I eat. I could chose to "cheat" and deal with the pain if there was something I REALLY wanted but wouldn't completely disregard my diet onboard.

Do they offer gf pasta onboard? I've heard a lot of people get meat without sauce, but on top of gluten free, I'm also a vegetarian. I'm thinking I can have soup, salads, fruit and that they should be able to sautee veggies, rice, pasta and/or tofu. TIA!

Keep in mind that many soups start with a roux made of flour and that many sauteed veggies (and sometimes tofu) are marinated or cooked in soy sauce which is usually not gluten free unless you specifically get gluten free soy sauce. French fries and other fried foods may or may not be gluten free depending on whether they are coated in flour or if the fryer used is a dedicated fryer. There is so much to learn!!!

Keep in mind that many soups start with a roux made of flour and that many sauteed veggies (and sometimes tofu) are marinated or cooked in soy sauce which is usually not gluten free unless you specifically get gluten free soy sauce. French fries and other fried foods may or may not be gluten free depending on whether they are coated in flour or if the fryer used is a dedicated fryer. There is so much to learn!!!

I agree HiYaPal. There is so much to learn. Some days are good some days are bad. I feel like I'm always checking labels and asking for ingredients. I will be so happy to be onboard and not worry about it. It can be exhausting but I am completely better without gluten. I've been gf for 3 months and when I have cheated, there is no denying that my pain and suffering comes back. I've noted it on both of my upcoming cruises so I know they won't run out because of me!

Another vote to note it on your reservation. Even though you know what you can order, they need to know to stock the right amount of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter