Glitch or Change in Policy: 180+10

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
OK, so the new MDE site is up and my 180-day is today. I have a split stay (onsite!), and it's ONLY allowing me to look for ADRs during my first stay (which is 4 nights). My second stay (also onsite!) has the dates in blue shading, but they are grayed out and cannot be selected. It is not allowing me to book 180+10. Only length of stay for my first room reservation.

Anyone else with a split stay (either onsite/onsite or onsite/offsite) also ran into the same issues regarding only being able to book for length of stay?

I hope this does not mean the end of recognizing split stays as a continuous stay for the purposes of ADRs and FP+! :scared:

Last edited:
ADRs have worked this way for years. You need to wait until 180 from your second check-in date, to make your ADRs for that stay.

FPs work differently and are based on the length of your ticket, not the length of your resort stay.

Got it! I haven't made ADRs at 180 days in years (and didn't today, I was just curious). But, in the past at 180, it would open +10 days. Is that gone? Because I can only book +4, the length of my first split stay.

Got it! I haven't made ADRs at 180 days in years (and didn't today, I was just curious). But, in the past at 180, it would open +10 days. Is that gone? Because I can only book +4, the length of my first split stay.

When your 180 opens for your second check in then you can book the rest of your ADRs. It goes by resort stay length.

in the past at 180, it would open +10 days. Is that gone? Because I can only book +4, the length of my first split stay.
Yes, it's been gone for two or three years. It is now 180 + length of stay up to 10 days for each resort reservation so you'll have to wait until 180 days before the start of the second reservation for the remainder of your trip.

Yes, it's been gone for two or three years. It is now 180 + length of stay up to 10 days for each resort reservation so you'll have to wait until 180 days before the start of the second reservation for the remainder of your trip.
Great, thanks for clarifying! That shows you how long it's been since I have looked at ADRs at 180 days. :rotfl2: So glad to hear it wasn't due to the changes today! It got me all paranoid when it couldn't display my resort reservations!

Yup, not a change in policy but a change in implementation. The policy has always stated 180 + [length of stay up to 10 days], but the website and phone reps used to be able to book for +10 days regardless of the length of stay. That changed three or four years ago. For some reason, Disney can recognize split stays for FP+ but not for ADRs.

DVC owners are the only ones that can book 180+10 for split stays.

For all others, the proper term is "180 + length of stay, up to 10 days".

DVC owners are the only ones that can book 180+10 for split stays.

For all others, the proper term is "180 + length of stay, up to 10 days".
As I was reading this thread, I knew we had booked ADR at 180 +7 for a split stay. But it was DVC, so that explains it. Didn't realize there was a difference between DVC and non DVC.

As I was reading this thread, I knew we had booked ADR at 180 +7 for a split stay. But it was DVC, so that explains it. Didn't realize there was a difference between DVC and non DVC.

Yep, it's a perk of DVC ownership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter