Glassware to return to SSR studios!

brianm27

DVC Member / AP Holder
It looks like we may see the glassware returning to SSR studios in the near future. In this week's listing of interesting items from paperwork filed with Orange County in the last week on MousePlanet, Saratoga Springs Resort – Provide plumbing hook ups for glass wash machines in all sections of the resort. :thumbsup2

I saw the filing too! Glad to see that Disney saw the light on this one. Hopefully this will spell the end of "Cupgate 2008"....

Well this will reduce my need to call housekeeping and request glasses every time. (Yes I have done it twice.) I will continue to do it at SSR and OKW until they catch on that I am not paying for a Comfort Inn!

Thanks for the update on this. We started requesting glassware from housekeeping!

This is Excellent news....what about OKW....did they have the paper?
Kerri

We requested glassware last week at SSR that never came...guess we should have called back but we were having too much fun and bought mugs while we were there anyway so we used those. Glad to hear they're fixing it!!!!!

Well this will reduce my need to call housekeeping and request glasses every time. (Yes I have done it twice.) I will continue to do it at SSR and OKW until they catch on that I am not paying for a Comfort Inn!

We're going next week and I will definitely request glassware at OKW. When you make the request, does it include glasses and mugs? Are they providing dishwashing liquid? Can you also request real plates and silverware? Or is that asking too much? :rotfl:

I had a whole laundry list of items needed for my last stay at OKW in May. I requested the Mugs & Glasses (they brought me 4 mugs & 1 Glass), The note pad was missing for the phone so I requested that. The corkscrew listed on the document in the room was missing so I requested one of those too. Also I asked for Decaf coffee and they brought me 4 packages. The list of supplied items was date Feb or Mar of 2007 so it still listed the Mugs & Glasses. I wanted to try asking for real plates & flatware but since I was by myself on that trip I decided not to push it. They never replenished the plasticware, plates or bowls on trash & towel day but I decided not to call to complain because I didn't really need them this time. There's always next time though. If they don't do the replenishment I will be demanding real plates & flatware.

I had a whole laundry list of items needed for my last stay at OKW in May. I requested the Mugs & Glasses (they brought me 4 mugs & 1 Glass), The note pad was missing for the phone so I requested that. The corkscrew listed on the document in the room was missing so I requested one of those too. Also I asked for Decaf coffee and they brought me 4 packages. The list of supplied items was date Feb or Mar of 2007 so it still listed the Mugs & Glasses. I wanted to try asking for real plates & flatware but since I was by myself on that trip I decided not to push it. They never replenished the plasticware, plates or bowls on trash & towel day but I decided not to call to complain because I didn't really need them this time. There's always next time though. If they don't do the replenishment I will be demanding real plates & flatware.

I can't recall where I saw this suggestion originally but...

Someone suggested making a list of items in the rooms with check off boxes and writing "Please replenish following items:" and leaving it for Mousekeeping.

We did something similar on our last BC trip. We always want extra towels, as 3 of us have very long hair. Now you'd think that they'd replace the amount that took out but I've never found that to be the case. We had a list of things like towels, pillows,tea bags etc. We just checked them off (with a number next to the item if need be) and left it with our Mousekeeping tip.

Worked out quite well.

See, the problem is we shouldn't have to leave a list of what needs to be replenished. There are items that we were told would be routinely supplied and replenished on both Trash & Towel and Full Cleaning days. I have rarely ever received additional supplies of plasticware, paper plates & bowls or the sugar & creamers for the coffee. It's really hard to use the same paper plates and bowls for two weeks straight when we take our annual F & W trip. That's why this year I will try asking for real dishware & flatware for my studio.
It is very aggravating to have to keep calling housekeeping to get them to do the job right. They should automatically replace or add to all these items without us having to ask or remind them. They should have a checklist that they should be following when they either clean or do the Trash & Towel service. Plus a lot of the times I have tried to talk with the mousekeepers that bring stuff to the villa they do not comprehend what I am asking them. They do not know what a Pen is never mind the pad of paper that should be with it. Many of them do not speak or understand english well so I doubt they could read a note asking for specific items. We've tried that and have not gotten what we requested.

I agree that there can be a language issue...however, if they just hurry up and install the glass washers, then the mugs and glasses will be returned, and we will no longer have to make repeated requests for them. :yay:
In the past (prior to Mug gate), I have requested real plates, bowls and cutlery for my studio and received them without any problems at both SSR and VWL.
IMHO this is a reasonable request, definitely not being too demanding. They have inventory of real dishes and cutlery for the larger villas; you are not requesting something that they don't have on hand.

... I have requested real plates, bowls and cutlery for my studio and received them without any problems at both SSR and VWL.
IMHO this is a reasonable request, definitely not being too demanding. They have inventory of real dishes and cutlery for the larger villas; you are not requesting something that they don't have on hand.
I have some great microwave recipes, I wonder if they would bring up some of the Pyrex used in the larger units to cook in a studio microwave?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter