• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Glass Bottom Boat + 3 Other Q's

KathyV

Earning My Ears
Just a few Q's:
We are doing the dolphin encounter in Cozumel (which is a small fortune w/ 4 children) and was wondering if the Glass bottom Boat Ride in Key West is really worth it. I don't want to waste money if it's no good.

Also, how many laps on deck 4=1 mile?
When is the Capt. Coctail Party on Western Magic?
What night is the midnight buffet and is it just desserts or real food? Is that the buffet worth staying up for?
Thank you!-Kathy

The dessert buffet is wonderful....only you can decide if it is worth staying up for. It is desserts, not real food.

This is just a thought...but you might consider doing Discovery Cove (a sister park to Sea World) and skipping the dolphin encounter if you are a regular visitor to the Orlando area. The Discovery Cove day is about $200 per person, but includes the dolphin swim, plus unlimited swimming in their "coral reef", stingray pool, lazy river, and visiting and feeding birds and animals in the aviary. In addition, it includes lunch, parking, and a week's pass to Sea World.

3 laps is a mile.

DOn't know anything about glass bottom boat, sorry.

Can't speak specifically for Key West, but I can tell you that we thought the glass-bottom-boat tour in Nassau was a complete waste of money. The glass way too small and you were so far away from it. We always go snorkelling instead.

I did a glass bottom boat tour in Grand Cayman once, and a friend did it in Nassau. Both were a total waste of money - I'll never do another. The viewing area is amazingly small, on some ships you have to stand to look thru this small scratched up window on the floor - that's not what I had in mind when booking the tour!

I'm not sure I've ever heard a really positive report of a glass bottom boat.

Originally posted by kcashner
This is just a thought...but you might consider doing Discovery Cove (a sister park to Sea World) and skipping the dolphin encounter if you are a regular visitor to the Orlando area. The Discovery Cove day is about $200 per person, but includes the dolphin swim, plus unlimited swimming in their "coral reef", stingray pool, lazy river, and visiting and feeding birds and animals in the aviary. In addition, it includes lunch, parking, and a week's pass to Sea World.

Ihave to say I went to Discovery Cove back in 2001 and it still remains a favorite to me to this day... it was a wonderful experience! If you have time, to do this instead, this would be a great alternative

For our vacation last year we stayed in Key West for a week....the glass bottom boat was one of the things we did and it was wonderful....they have many different companies which do the ride, I can't remember offhand which one it was but if you search the internet you will come up with a few and most have coupons to print out.

My daughter was 10 months old at the time and she stood at her own viewing window and loved it! My husband is 6'4" and didn't have any trouble going undreneath at all...it was roomy and there was plenty of room for everyone....now our boat wasn't filled to maximum capacity so that may have had something to do with it.

I would go either first thing in the morning or the latest one possible....the later one has more chance of seeing sharks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter