• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Glad to be heading home

jmkjr72

DIS Veteran
Having been many times this is the first time I can say I'm glad to be on my way home. April 30 to may 8

The good points akl kindani is a very nice resort skippers canteen is great emh worked well and despite a massive st I rm when we hopped over to Dhs after ak it was still a fun night. With dad's health issues all but one places was very understanding of a small party and one even let us cancel same day because 2 out of three weren't feeling well. We enjoyed the Jawa and Chewbacca and interaction with the storm troopers. The safari was great. All our character meals we were in and out in 30 to 45 min and got to see all the characters. Most ever meal we had great food and great servers. With dad not being able to make every meal we shared some pixie dust. We used our credits to buy our whole tabless meal at biergarten and snacks for others along the way

The bus service was good but we did use Uber a few times a first for us being we live in a smaller rural area

Down side people are becoming even ruder then in the past. The three bedroom Vila next to us was full of cheerleaders for the sum it they were so loud it wasn't even funny. Arrival night between 10 an 11pm security knocked on the door several times but had to wait for some one that was leaving before the ocupants saw that they were there. I thought selfie sticks were bAnne but I was smacked by several saw several folding wagons in the park and god knows how many bags on wheels. Not to mention the pulledmuscle from being run over by the stroller

When the app works it's great but more often then not there were issues with it
W h at makes it worse is when ever we tried for a walk up except at crt and skippers canteen we were asked do you have an a reservation. No we ar e c wondering if there are any openings. Sorry you need to use the app or got to xyz

Wait times were mostly fine. But on Friday poc was way off said half hour we ended up waiting an hour and half. About 10 min into the line app updated to 50 min but as we were boarding it dropped to 25 min. After telling a cm that can't be right because of the amount of time we waitem a few min later it was back around 50 min.

Bog was the only place that gave us issues with our party being smaller. We I made our reservation on the phone we were told at least half our party needed to show up and the cm put cancer patient in the allergies spot at my request. Well the night of bog dad c wasn't doing well so now we were a party of 2 which had been the case several times never an issue. Well first they had to make a phone call because now we could fit at a two top and we're told we would be lucky to be seated an hour past our adr. Not good when you have a diabetic with you. Even after saying she is a diabetic and asking why we could just have the table we had the adr for we were told that just how it is. I'm still waiting to hear back on my email

Columbia harbor house thankful we ordered a lobster roll because they were so far behind on fish it wasn't even funny

Jiko we didn't care for it so much the food was ok and servings were small

I will also say the cuts are very evident the parks are no where near as clean as they used to be fewer photo pass photographs out and the outside meet and greets are fewer and for shorter times

I am sorry that your trip was underwhelming magicwise!...It is heartbreaking when people are thoughtless of others (especially when there is an impairment that needs considering!) but I fear this insular tech-centric paradise Americans are consumed with is making people insular and selfish!...The word "selfie" implies as much :( ...You created magic though! Picking up the tab for the others at your communal table; I am sure you banked some good karma! You made memories, and I hope in future, it is the fond ones you will be thinking of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter