giving away an ADR!?!?

Missyma919

Mouseketeer
How do you give an ADR to someone on DIS? I don't know if I need to call and change the name or just give them the ADR number and last name....

I would just call and give res. number and last name. Disney won't change the names on the res. They would cancel the res. and try to rebook it....

I have done this twice. The DISer gave me their full name and phone number. I called WDW Dine and asked to change the name on the ADR, as I couldn't go but my friend could. They made the change without changing the ADR. The confirmation number remained the same. I then PM'd the confirmation number to the DISer.

HTH,
Diana

I've been wheeling and dealing on here a lot the last two years for ADR, and have done it both ways.

Some people wanted me to call and change it to their name, others I just gave the ADR number and my last name to them, and they showed up in our place.

I've not had a problem so far either way, it's whichever you prefer. I do have a 'right of first refusal' policy, though. If someone gives me an ADR and later I decide I can't use it or want to swap it, I usually PM the Diser who gave it to me first and make sure they don't want it back or need it to barter with.

I did this just last night. I called and had them change the ressie that was given to me by a Diser to my name and I changed the ressie I gave away to another Diser to that person's name. The ADR # did not change. It was actually quite easy once the CM understood what I wanted. He works in hotel reservations and told me that sometimes the dining calls get routed over to them;

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter