Give it to me straight! (bed bugs)

Have you come across bed bugs in a resort/hotel?

• Yes - staying at a Disney Resort

• No - staying at a Disney Resort

• Yes - staying at any other hotel/resort in the US

• No - staying at any other hotel/resort in the US

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please! No more bedbugs threads. I know you're trying to make a good point that people are just being silly. I hope this is the last thread i ever read about bedbugs

Why would you open a thread about bedbugs if you don't want to read about them. Next time don't read if you don't want to. :hippie:

We stayed in seven different hotels (eight different rooms total) during our June/July vacation, at all different "levels" including the Buena Vista Palace in DTD and the Best Western on International Drive, and never encountered bed bugs as far as we know. We didn't check, but no one got any bites and I know we didn't bring any home with us.

I have stayed in 9 different hotels in the last two months. In Sacramento, North Little Rock, and Atlanta. Not once did I have a problem with bed bugs. Also all the times that we as a family have stayed at WDW no problem with the bugs.

I have never encountered bedbugs, but I won't say it won't happen to me. I check everytime I go into a hotel room. I don't take the bags in until I am sure. The thing is, the problem is getting worse, but there is little that can be done about it. We have to prevent it ourselves by checking and refusing a room we think could be infested.

We only spend maybe a dozen nights a year in hotels, mostly in the US and sometimes Canada, but we've never encountered them.

New article on this today:
“We believe that there probably isn’t a hotel in the United States that has not had bed bugs at least once over the last five years,’’ said Ron Harrison, director of technical services for Atlanta-based Orkin Pest Control.

I love that quote... After all, a pest control company wouldn't have any reason to exaggerate a bit, now would they? ;) :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter