Girls trip with 3 first timers. Need tips.

MomToPirate&Princess

Mouseketeer
Traveling in January with 3 girlfriends. It's their 1st trip. I've been several times with DH, DD and DS. We have always toured commando. I want to make it a great trip for my friends 1st trip, but not sure how to go about planning a girls only adult trip. ADRs are made, but looking at touring strategies and tips to have a fun trip, get stuff done, and not wear them out with our commando way of life.

MomToPirate&Princess said:
Traveling in January with 3 girlfriends. It's their 1st trip. I've been several times with DH, DD and DS. We have always toured commando. I want to make it a great trip for my friends 1st trip, but not sure how to go about planning a girls only adult trip. ADRs are made, but looking at touring strategies and tips to have a fun trip, get stuff done, and not wear them out with our commando way of life.

This is sure to be fun! My family and I go on vacations with other people, but we always make sure that they do what they want to do. We have our way of vacationing, and they may want to do something they see in the parks, so make sure they are comfortable enough to speak up and let you know. You don't wanna miss out on fun! Since this is "adult only," there are plenty of adult beverages served in EPCOT. I highly recommend the grand marnier/grey goose orange slushie served in a kiosk outside of France, the "peach snap" in the tea kiosk outside of China, and the avocado margarita in the tequila bar inside Mexico. Drink responsibly :-) As far as rides go, you definitely want to hit soarin'! Wait for the front row and FASTPASS it! You also can't go wrong in Magic Kingdom. Seeing the castle for first timers is a MUST! And you can't go wring with Space, Splash, and Big Thunder Mountain railroad! Hope you have a fantastic trip!

An all girl's trip to Disney sounds amazing, I wish my friends would be into that! Are you guys doing parkhoppers and hitting all the parks or just a few? I went to WDW for the first time this past Sept and I am hooked. Basically every single park was in my experience amazing , well aside from Epcot and that's only because I am lame and can't drink alcohol or eat most food...booo...

As far as traveling in a group I would just say if they aren't used to going "commando" treat it like you are traveling with children and make sure to take breaks often, possibly even mid-day. Most people aren't used to walking 10miles or more a day and can get really winded. But personally on my first trip I didn't take any breaks and just made sure to weave in some shows between all the walking to give my feet a break. IMO the best thing to do is plan plan plan. Try and get together with your friends and break down what they are looking forward to whether it be rides,food & drinking, or shows. From there at least you can get an idea of what kind of vacation they are expecting from it and plan that way so that you all get what you want out of this trip. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the suggestions. We're going Fri-Mon and have 4 day non hoppers. Right now planning on hitting one park each day depending on which parks they seem most interested in at the time. My buddies are not real planners and since they haven't been to Disney before, don't quite get how much of an advantage a planned out trip is vs a fly by the seat of your pants trip. I have consulted them with our ADRs and those are booked. Day to day activities it seems are going to be up to my lead.

i went with my mother twice. she had gone once to MK in 1979 so it was like her first trip when we took our first trip together. to prepare her i found a nice book with lots of photos breaking down the rides (she has ADD so those loooong guidebooks were out). http://www.betterworldbooks.com/the-complete-walt-disney-world-id-0970959664.aspx (you can also get it on amazon or B&N but this link came up first).

she then let me know a few rides she really wanted to do so i came up with a touring plan around that and ADRs. perhaps you could invest in one of these and have your friends let you know a few things that are must dos. i also liked looping in some surprises for my mother. like Remy at the French restaurant and i booked cali grill for wishes, which she didn't know you could get up and go outside, so when we got out to the deck she was thrilled! i can also say she thought my planning was nuts. we went and she got to do so much, we beat the lines, and everything was smooth sailing. she came back and bragged to everyone about her daughter was an expert and she got to do all these fun extra things. :lmao:

also i would find out what they are into. lots of rides, shows, do they care if they meet the mouse?

finally i would let them know what to pack. some people do not understand you really have to wear sneakers until they attempt to do the parks in flip flops or regular shoes. i told my mother she needed a crossbody bag as she insists on wearing hobo styles and this definitely helped. she quickly realized when you are on the go you do not want to be fussing with a bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter